MPTM's new home
profdr

Re: MPTM's new home

Post by profdr »

thanks steve
profdr

Post by profdr »

I have another question that l couldn't solve. When l enter a position l put manuel stoploss. After +7 pip gain l take sl to Be+1 . After +17 pip gain l take sl to +10 pip. After last stoploss modification l dont touch sl. Position can go 50-100... Pips or it can hit sl etc. How can l use mptm by this way. What must be my paramateres. İn mptm. Thanks
only20gp

Post by only20gp »

Any chance you could post the instrauctions on the candlestick settings?
Durante
Trader

Post by Durante »

webregs wrote:
gaheitman wrote:
webregs wrote:Hi,

I'm running MPTM with a 15 BE +5 BEP. This works as expected. However I've also set 30 pip jumping stop but this never gets applied. At the moment I have two pairs more than 40 pips beyond the SL but MPTM hasn't updated the SL since the BEP.

I've been through the code and I seem to have the relevant settings enabled correctly:

ManageByMagicNumber=true;
MagicNumber=1;
ManageAllTrades=true;
JumpingStop=true;
JumpingStopPips=30;

Any suggestions?

thanks
webby
I think the jumping stop jumps after price advances to 2 times the JumpingStopPips. In your case, when you get to be 60 pips ahead, it should lock in 30 pips. Then, when it hits 90, it should lock in 60 pips.

George
OK. Using what you've said I reduced the JS to 3pips to see the effect on a couple of pairs in profit.

usdjpy - SL: 79.560, price: 79.628 (gap = 6.8 pips) - JS increased the SL to 79.590 (3pips as expected)
chfjpy - SL: 86.925, price: 87.175 (gap = 25 pips) - JS made no change to SL - stays at 86.925!

It seems to be inconsistant.

EDIT: actually, I've just restarted Empty4 and it now seems to be working for the chrjpy pair - Empty4! :x
I had the same thing happen today. The logs show a msg that says "shutdown by timeout"
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

That rarest of all birds, an mptm update is to be found in post 1. It was inspired by this pm by Nxk

"Hello Steve, thanks for your efforts in the world of automated trading, and for your useful tools! I am a fellow user of your multi purpose trade manager and i succesfully use it to trail my basket, during my daily trades.

as a rule, my profit targets during daytime are much more higher than my profit targets during nighttime, because of that, to optimise the ea's settings i have to switch from two different settings 2 times a day to optimise the ea's behaviour.. to avoid this, is it possible to add a time filter to the ea? Example: monitor trades from 9:00 AM to 19:00 AM.. i would be very grateful!

Thanks again!

M."

Most of the requests I receive for mptm enhancements are plain ridiculous. This one seems to have merit, so I added it.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
opita
Trader

Post by opita »

Just had a quick question. Not sure what is happening, seems strange.
Say I use the JumpStopLoss settings, if I put 8 pips the EA says 80, if I put 10 the EA says 100 and so on.
It keeps putting a 0 behind any amount of pips I input.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
Gamma_gallus
Trader

Post by Gamma_gallus »

opita wrote:Just had a quick question. Not sure what is happening, seems strange.
Say I use the JumpStopLoss settings, if I put 8 pips the EA says 80, if I put 10 the EA says 100 and so on.
It keeps putting a 0 behind any amount of pips I input.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
should be that you input 8 pips (4 digits) and the EA displays on the screen 5 digits (coz that's the way Empty4 understands your inputs it needs it to be 5 dgs)
nick4ex

Post by nick4ex »

I am running this wonderful MPTM with different trade comments (because of different strategies). Is it possible (or how) to see the comments in the account history or do I have to manage it on a different way?

Many thanks
Nick
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

I'm using MPTM to add TP's for an different EA running on all pairs the broker offers. I would love to set the TP level to a ATR*x, but I can't get it work for me. Now I use a set number of pips instead.

Anyone with suggestions how to get the MPTM to calculate the TP level based on ATR?
I'm using the weekly charts for this.
forex.rapheal
Trader

Post by forex.rapheal »

MPTM
Hi steve,
i am using mptm for my live trade. Can you also add a feature to trail for using previous candle sticks (previous high, low or close) or using reversal candle stick pattern?
Thank you

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”