Technical Proficiency

garyfritz

Re: Technical Proficiency

Post by garyfritz »

I'd agree 100% with that. It is **CERTAINLY** a requirement if you're developing, coding, and testing your own strategies. It is nearly as important if you're just studying a system's performance to understand how it's likely to behave in the future.

Even if all you do is run EAs provided by someone else, without any understanding of how it works or what it's doing, you need enough technical proficiency to know how to set it up and keep it running properly. Personally I would be extremely uncomfortable trading an EA with only this level of understanding. Black-box trading like that is too much "magic" for my tastes.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Yep. Sadly, it is 'black box' trading that teaches most of us the importance of understanding what we are doing.

I mean the 'Serious Warning' I place at the start of all my threads. I bet most newbies ignore it. Hey ho.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
coleen

Post by coleen »

I don't know if this true. I prefer to trade with Empty4 of course have no another experience. But this platform seems to me rather comfortable.

Return to “Trading Psychology & Money Management”