The Fallacy of Using SL/TP as Proxy Risk-Reward

afeudale
Trader

Post by afeudale »

Hey Steve! Yup, I agree. That's why I left ForexFactory so fast and came to SHF. Those guys post indicators all day long and most are complete BS and a waste of time.

Saw this article recently and it basically calls out almost every popular strategy and indicator:
http://www.financial-hacker.com/sevente ... nderstand/

The absolute best indicator/EA I currently use is one that I've coded myself over the past month. It works awesome for me and gives me the info I need, but would be absolutely useless for anyone else (would probably crash their Empty4...lol).

As much as I love the HGI, CSS and this SLTP indicator, I feel that I will get the best results from putting in the time and effort to code MQL4 myself and get out of it what *I* want, not what some other coder thinks I want. I suggest others to do the same - it is hard, but very rewarding! :yahoo:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

afeudale » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:59 am wrote:As much as I love the HGI, CSS and this SLTP indicator, I feel that I will get the best results from putting in the time and effort to code MQL4 myself and get out of it what *I* want, not what some other coder thinks I want. I suggest others to do the same - it is hard, but very rewarding! :yahoo:
Good for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Having said that, this thread appears to have started out with a moronic idea and descended further into the depths of illogicality from its inception.

It is locked.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Trading Psychology & Money Management”