Basket Trading - best practices

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here you go. It is an EA, so you just leave it running on the chart. There is a comment at the top left that displays your local time - the EA has stopped if the time stops updating.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
jacekchromiak
Trader

Post by jacekchromiak »

SteveHopwood » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:48 pm wrote:Here you go. It is an EA, so you just leave it running on the chart. There is a comment at the top left that displays your local time - the EA has stopped if the time stops updating.

Thank You.
joshchar

Re: Basket Trading - best practices

Post by joshchar »

350 open trades and 120 pending? Besides the fact that reasonable brokers like GP would never allow you such an amount of trades, did you ever imagine the risk of your strategy? As long as you don't have a sophisticated portfolio management in place, this can kill your account faster than you can say "Oops". Basket trading might seem to be a game of having as much trades open as possible. It is not. It is a game of balancing your exposure to several currencies with respect to their strength. Figure this out for yourself.

Cheers
Charis
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Basket Trading - best practices

Post by SteveHopwood »

joshchar wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:05 am Figure this out for yourself.

Cheers
Charis
We don't need to figure too much out for ourselves these days,

You are clearly too stupid to notice how old this thread is. Try looking at the date stamp of post previous to yours. Try thinking, "Hmmmmmm. Has this forum moved on a teensy tad since then?"

Then think to yourself, "Oops; Steve will deal me with his usual robust method"

Yep. Dealing with you as I usually do with morons. Please continue. I do not often get to do so these days. I look forward to some fun.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Trading Psychology & Money Management”