Moving Average with bands

Postby Gertje » Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 am

Hello,

Has anyone access to a MA indicator that also prints bands at a given distance?
I'm trying to get my head around Moving Day and am looking for possibilities to screw it up.
:jump:
Gertje

Moving Averige with bands

Postby Ehrenmat » Wed May 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Hey Gertje,

nice to see someone with similar thoughts :smile:

I have emulated Moving Day on TDesk with the Envelopes Indicator on top for Stop Orders, Stop Losses and Take Profits. Right now, I'm at work but I will come back later with the full setup.
Not that it is more profitable than Moving Day itself but it has the advantage to add any indicator such as Peaky for further filtering/experiments.

Will be back this evening!

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
Ehrenmat

Postby Ehrenmat » Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Hey there,

so here is an experimental interpretation of Moving Day for TDesk. It's called Moving Average Peaky Cross - or short MAPC. You will need the full TDesk equipment including TDesk itself, the TDesk Universal Buffers drone and TDesk Trading Partner EA (Desky).

MAPC.zip

Trades get triggered when the H1 Moving average of 3 candles cross the slow H1 Moving average of 480 candles and the price is in between the Stop Order Envelope indicator. The Envelope Indicator is the given deviation of 0.2 to the Moving Average of 480 candles. The only exit in this iteration is an Individual Pair Basket TP of 50 pips. Furthermore, the additional filter is Peaky but this is just an experimental, slightly altered emulation of Moving Day. I post this here to give the more advanced TDesk users something like a scaffold for eventual further improvement.

Have fun, play around and please post a reply if you find it useful...

Cheers,

Mat

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
Ehrenmat

Postby SteveHopwood » Wed May 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Gertje » Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 am wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to get my head around Moving Day and am looking for possibilities to screw it up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the 600+ Steve Hopwood members who choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Postby SteveHopwood » Wed May 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Ehrenmat » Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm wrote:Hey there,

so here is an experimental interpretation of Moving Day for TDesk. It's called Moving Average Peaky Cross - or short MAPC. You will need the full TDesk equipment including TDesk itself, the TDesk Universal Buffers drone and TDesk Trading Partner EA (Desky).

Trades get triggered when the H1 Moving average of 3 candles cross the slow H1 Moving average of 480 candles and the price is in between the Stop Order Envelope indicator. The Envelope Indicator is the given deviation of 0.2 to the Moving Average of 480 candles. The only exit in this iteration is an Individual Pair Basket TP of 50 pips. Furthermore, the additional filter is Peaky but this is just an experimental, slightly altered emulation of Moving Day. I post this here to give the more advanced TDesk users something like a scaffold for eventual further improvement.

Cheers,

Mat

Great to see you folks playing around with this stuff. I look forward to viewing your playing around. I hope you reach fantastically profitable ends.

I am only posting here so I will receive notifications when you folks post. Good luck. Have fun.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the 600+ Steve Hopwood members who choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Postby Gertje » Thu May 14, 2020 10:49 am

I found the solution, and it is so bloody obvious, I feel like hanging myself.

When adding the MA indi that comes with Empty4, simply add 'levels' [use points, not pips] et voila, the bands will print on the chart.
:arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:
Gertje

Postby BostonEJ » Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Gertje » Wed May 13, 2020 6:38 am wrote:Hello,

I've experimented with many different types of bands/channels around MA's and I have had the most success with Starc Bands. Though it uses a simple moving average and ATR by default, I've edited some with different types of MA's for the Starc Bands. Give it a look end try wit the EMA.

I was using the indicator to take breakouts above/below the bands to try to eliminate noise on flatter price movement.

EJ
BostonEJ

Postby wallywonka » Fri May 15, 2020 6:08 am

Ehrenmat » Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm wrote:Hey there,

Cheers,

Mat

Interesting Ideas Mat, I have been playing with something similar although a little bit different. Still fine tuning it at this stage, how are you results going?
wallywonka

Postby Ehrenmat » Sun May 17, 2020 7:40 am

wallywonka » 15 May 2020, 08:08 wrote:
Interesting Ideas Mat, I have been playing with something similar although a little bit different. Still fine tuning it at this stage, how are you results going?

Hey wallywonka,

at first, the results were fabulous but due to the agressive lot size adjustment (0.01 lots per 100 in balance) and no exit strategy, there were two margin calls and stopouts in the last two weeks with a total timespan of 2 weeks :uff: :lol:

So, this setup is only meant to be a scaffold that I thought could be helpful to demonstrate the power of TDesk. Here, I have added Peaky to filter trades when MD goes flipfloppin'... not to the best as seen in the tradereport :?

MAPC - TradeReport.jpg

Maybe this strategy works with a less aggressive lot sizing and a robust exit strategy cutting off the very losers... who knows.

Anyways, it's fun to watch TDesk and Desky working like a charm!

Cheers,

Mat

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ehrenmat

Postby woodlands » Sun May 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi Gertje,
I'm trying one this week using the Exit indi from c1borg, using 480 and 10, but without MD so that if the 480 is up moving without crossing and the 10 also then it will take a grid of trades, closing when the 10 turns direction. I have seen several times the price action bounce off the 480 and hope this will take advantage of that move. TDesk, Exit indi and Desky are the engines for this.
It's only starting this week when markets open so nothing to publish yet but worth a thought perhaps.
Exciting times here by the river :) (Mud mostly tonight at low tide :? )
woodlands

Return to Indicators