Upcoming Empty4 4 and MQL4 Upgrades

mobthehop
Trader

Upcoming Empty4 4 and MQL4 Upgrades

Post by mobthehop »

mmhhhh.....

http://forum.mql4.com/56885

quote (from July 27)
At the moment, we are doing a huge amount of work preparing for Empty4 4 client terminal's upgrade.

Here are some upcoming changes:

1. Complete replacement of MQL4 language and MetaEditor 4 with common MQL5 and MetaEditor components

Instead of working on MQL4 -> MQL5 compatibility, we have decided to go the opposite way. We have transferred the maximum possible amount of MQL5 language functions and features fully preserving MQL4 functionality. In other words, all powerful MQL5 functions, including ООP and the native code compiler, will become available in MQL4.

To achieve this, we have developed a unified compiler that automatically supports both MQL4 and MQL5 languages. MetaEditor will also become a single application both for Empty4 4 and Empty4 5 platforms. Thus, it will be possible to compile both MQL4 and MQL5 from any version.

2. MQL5 Storage will be available in MQL4 IDE

Thus, it will be easier to manage source code versions, participate in team operations and synchronize files.

3. MQL4 code protection is considerably increased

New EX4/EX5 files are provided with a serious and completely revised protection.

4. The market of applications will become available in Empty4 4

Transition to the new compiler that supports resources and conventional protection suited for each user's PC will allow users to develop and sell full-fledged applications. There is no need to worry about the protection of EX4/EX5 files sold via the market - they do not contain bytecode but only a pure native code signed by our private key.

This solution puts in order all the diversity of existing programs and protects the sellers.

5. The market of Empty4 4 applications will open for MQL5.community in mid-August

Developers already can prepare their applications and register as sellers. We will start releasing the first beta versions of the terminal in a couple of weeks.

We have many other extensive plans but it would be better to postpone them for a while.

unquote

Guess this will impact a lot of the coders here and the fantastic work provided.....

Mop
dietcoke
Trader

Re: Upcoming Empty4 4 and MQL4 Upgrades

Post by dietcoke »

Latest on the next upgrade. There is a link to the beta version of the MQL4/5 editor

http://forum.mql4.com/57476

There is mention of the changes MQL4 programmers will need to check their code for

Differences from the old MQL4 version:

Changed the priority of AND/OR logical operations. Now, everything is similar to the standard C/C++

Introduced shortened evaluation of logical expressions. Now, when a logical expression is evaluated before reaching its end, the remaining subsequent expressions are not evaluated, like in C/C++.

Only integer values are now used in switch operator. Real values could have been used before

A dot symbol cannot be used in variable names any more. Also, '@', '$' and '?' symbols cannot be used in variable names

Tightened requirements for start function. Parameters could have been set in start function before. Now, all init, start, deinit, OnInit, OnStart, OnTick, OnTimer and other entry points should exactly match their signatures

Due to expansion of keywords, such names as short, long, float, const, virtual, input, delete, new, do, char cannot be used now

Now, imported dll functions cannot accept MQL string arrays as a parameter, like in MQL5
Introduced predefined _Period, _Symbol, _LastError, _CriticalError, _StopFlag, _Point, _Digits, _UninitReason, _RandomSeed variable names that may come into conflict with simple variables declared under the same names in existing source files

datetime type has become an 8-byte one, like in MQL5.
Antonsak

Post by Antonsak »

I think you ought to pay attention to the new version of Empty4.

It has almost all code for MT5 and NOT full backwards compatibility .

There will be big problems, because many Indicators and Expert Advisor will not work.

Looking in this direction, which is the Russian forum.

In this link is the discharge direction of the new Beta Empty4.

http://forum.mql4.com/ru/58760/page8
dietcoke
Trader

Post by dietcoke »

Build 574.

http://forum.mql4.com/60075

I've tried compiling a few ea's libraries and indcators and none compiled first time. All were fairly easy to fix but just because something compiles doesn't mean it runs as designed. There are plenty of changes to the way MQ4 works internally.

examples:
strings are now unicode
array out of range errors are now fatal
the location of the file directory has changed as has that of all the expert/indicator folders
Changes to the data type of volume and datetime data
File format has changed for historical data

Metaquotes seem determined to get this out soon. It has the potential to cause a massive shitstorm. Hopefully your broker will have the cohones to tel MQ to sod off

I would strongly suggest that you all obtain the current beta http://forum.mql4.com/57476/page18#867044 and start checking that your vital code will continue to work as you expect.
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

I've compiled my EA's and all appears to be ok, I'll run it next Week.

Thanks
Andy
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

"Changes to the data type of volume and datetime data
File format has changed for historical data"

Ugh, I have some EAs that rely on lengthy historical data. Going to be a serious pain if I have to reformat. Does anyone know the format change? Better make my way to the mql forum.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

New hst format. Ugh, this is going to be a PIA

datetime - now 8 bytes not 4

open (double)

high (double)

low (double)

close (double)

tick volume (8 byte int, not double)

spread (4 byte int)

real volume (8 byte int)
mobthehop
Trader

Post by mobthehop »

Apparently update is scheduled for Feb 3 - here is a summary of what's in store

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=468145

Cheers
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

Care should be taken when testing the beta version, it updated my other terminal in a different folder.

If this happens, right click on the folder, properties, click the tab at the top, Previous Versions.
Select the latest folder, double click, copy terminal then paste it on top of the updated version.

Edit: I guess, it's associated all the Empty4 files with the latest update.
Andy
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks for starting this mop. I had not seen it when posting my thread in the Coders Hangout and am redirecting people from there to here. There is a link here in the weekly round up I shall send later.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”