Sorting Market Watch Window

kwanann
Trader

Post by kwanann »

I'm going to attempt to walk you guys thru now to "sort" the market watch window

The screenshots that follow unfortunately will have some pairs that cannot be removed. this is because there are existing trades on those pairs. so if you want to do a clean start, make sure there is NO active trades

[*]Goto your market watch window, and either click show all, or select the symbols you want to view using the symbols option
01 - Market Watch - Symbols.PNG
[*]If you want to select the symbols, simply select ALL that you want to view, the order of selection/display does not matter
02 - Market Watch - Select Symbols.PNG
[*]Now save the list of symbols using Sets > Save As (typically stored in MT4Terminal\history\symbolsets)
In this case i chose to save it as all.set
03 - Market Watch - Save a.PNG
[*]Now click on hide all, this will hide ALL symbols that currently have no open trades for
04 - Market Watch - Hide all.PNG
[*]Now go and edit the all.set file using notepad, order it HOWEVER you want, the order here will set the actual display order.
For a quick fix, dump the entire list in excel then use the excel sort feature to sort a-z

[*]Save the updated set file

[*]Now go back to Empty4 and then open the updated set file
05 - Market Watch - Open.PNG
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been trading using OM Dual N EA for the past 2 years, live results can be found over at https://www.fxblue.com/users/kwanann
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

Wow Kwannan

Awesome post and great help...I knew most of that but not all, definitely learnt a thing or two, thanks for sharing :good: :clap:
kwanann
Trader

Post by kwanann »

I was trying to find a solution to this, unfortunately google and everything else out there didn't have a solution. Was surprised that it is so simple to get what seemed an impossible task done :clap:
I've been trading using OM Dual N EA for the past 2 years, live results can be found over at https://www.fxblue.com/users/kwanann
cherno99
Trader

Post by cherno99 »

Thanks! For completion : you can also drag, move & drop the symbols in the market watch window.
dudest
Trader

Post by dudest »

Thanks kwanann!, very helpful!

Cheers :hi:
MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

This is a great tip. Thanks for going to the trouble!

:hi:
fxpoison
Trader

Post by fxpoison »

cherno99 » 28 Apr 2014, 19:46 wrote:Thanks! For completion : you can also drag, move & drop the symbols in the market watch window.
Indeed you can, and if you are trading up to 12-15 pairs it is practical as well!

This method also solves the REFUSAL TO DELETE behaviour some pairs on the MW display!

-You just drag the occasional stubborn one to the bottom of the MW List and then they will accept to go away (HIDE)
-If the curr. pair refusing to vanish already is at the bottom, move it up first and then proceed as above :youknow:
louco19

Post by louco19 »

Great. Thanks for this information :smile:

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”