Installing several Empty4's

Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to installing demos...
I have copies of my original installs, and when I want to test something new on a particular broker, I'll copy that broker's original install to D:\<BrokerName>_<EAName>, then copy the history and FXT files from the currently used install to the new one, create a new shortcut (with the /portable switch) then add the new login details.
I've never had a copy complain about registry settings, so I figure Empty4 just updates the reg if it doesn't find any entries for that copy.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

I'm helping my son set up his system after a major PC disaster. I won't be home for a couple of weeks so don't have access to my PC's.

I don't have a Global Prime account (or any other account) I can copy so I need to create new Empty4 folders and specify where they are installed.

I have downloaded the setup files from this thread which are from 2016 and they allow me to untick the "Launch program after successful installation" so I can add the /portable before Empty4 starts. But when I click on Next they ask for Proxy Server details. I can't remember seeing this previously and if I leave the details blank the installer goes to the next screen and hangs on "Select the best access point".

I have tried a new Global Prime setup and that allows me to specify a directory but it launches Empty4 before I can add the /portable.

How can I create a new Empty4 program folder where I want it to be and not have this crap system create files under C:\Users\etc etc :arrrg:
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Barcode » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 am wrote:I'm helping my son set up his system after a major PC disaster. I won't be home for a couple of weeks so don't have access to my PC's.

I don't have a Global Prime account (or any other account) I can copy so I need to create new Empty4 folders and specify where they are installed.

I have downloaded the setup files from this thread which are from 2016 and they allow me to untick the "Launch program after successful installation" so I can add the /portable before Empty4 starts. But when I click on Next they ask for Proxy Server details. I can't remember seeing this previously and if I leave the details blank the installer goes to the next screen and hangs on "Select the best access point".

I have tried a new Global Prime setup and that allows me to specify a directory but it launches Empty4 before I can add the /portable.

How can I create a new Empty4 program folder where I want it to be and not have this crap system create files under C:\Users\etc etc :arrrg:
Here is how:
  • Set up your folder - I have a Trading Accounts folder on my desktop and create folders within that to hold all the platforms.
  • At the first screen where you have to agree to the license terms before continuing, click the 'Settings' button after agreeing. You can navigate to your chosen folder and instruct the installer to install the platform there.
  • You let Empty4 run the first time. Then you shut it down and add /portable to the 'Properties' section of the desktop shortcut.
  • Run Empty4 again and voila. All your MQL stuff is available where you want it to be.
:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

Thanks Steve, will give it a go :hi:

EDIT: Worked a treat. :yahoo: :cheer:
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”