HOWTO : Configure PUSH notifications for Empty4 Mobile

Elixe
Trader

Post by Elixe »

Hi there :)

I don't remember any thread about the push notifications, so I though this would be interesting to have it as an HowTo easy to find one.

So, I'm going to explain how to set up both your phone and your terminal so the terminal sends push notifications to your mobile phone.

On your mobile phone :
1. Install the mobile Empty4 application.
2. Connect your account using your broker informations.
3. Go to Parameters, scroll down to the Messages zone and write your MetaQuotes ID somewhere, we are going to give it to your Empty4 platform.

You can use up to 4 MetaQuotes ID in the terminal, so if you have multiple mobile Phone on which you want to send the push notifications, run again the 3 steps above to get all the ID.

On your Empty4 platform :
1. Go to Tools, Options
2. In the Notifications tab, tick Enable Push Notifications, enter the previously wrote MetaQuotes ID, if multiples ID separate them with commas, click Test.

You will receive a test notification.

If you enable Notify of trade transactions you will also receive push notifications for open/close trades, depending of the amount of trade you send a day, you might want to keep it unticked :D

Now, if using HGI you can receives the indicator alerts on your mobile phone by changing the PushAlerts to true.
This will obviously not work for indicators not coded to send push notifications, but this is pretty easy to do if you have the source code of the indicator.

Note that there are limitations : no more than 1 message per 0,5 second and no more that 10 messages per minute can be sent.

Cheers :)
:D
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

A great idea Elixe,

Just adding that when entering your ID, it is not case sensitive e.g. zxlt4wr is the same as ZXLT4WR.

For those who want to save a snapshot of their ID once it is displayed on your screen, take a snapshot of the screen.

For iPhone and most Android users: press and hold the home button and then press the power on/off button.

Rgds
RM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
echoman01
Trader

Post by echoman01 »

This is helpful. Thanks guys! :good:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks for posting this Elixe. I do not have a smart phone because I do not need one, but the whole of the rest of the world does, so this is most helpful. I shall add a link to my wrup on Sunday.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
eltax100
Trader

Post by eltax100 »

Thank you Elixe for taking the time to share this little gem of information, much appreciated

Barron :good:
NEWTON
Trader

Post by NEWTON »

Hi traders, I'd like to receive a push notification when the level of free margin reach (p.e.) 300%. Anybody knows?
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

You would need to run a little indicator, to send you these notifications.

Have a look at the attached code ... This will keep sending notifications every minute, for as long as the Margin% is below the required set %.

R.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NEWTON
Trader

Post by NEWTON »

thx! :clap:
m1k385

Post by m1k385 »

I recently found out that by installing the file explorer app "ES file explorer" (on my android Samsung S4)
I now am able to change from the standard ringtones to any mp3 file. I can now wake up to my favorite song :clap: :party:

edit: To set an alert to use your mp3 of choice make sure it's on your phone and that you know where you put it. (use the file explorer app to search the location of the file when necessary)
Go to the settings tab in the Meta Trader app, scroll down to "Messages" and select "Notification Ringtone"
With the file explorer app installed it should now ask you which service you want to use to open the new ringtone you want to set. Select "ES file explorer" and navigate to the file and select it.
You should now hear your selected mp3 every time a push alert is send...

I use it a lot with the equity alert indicator I made, it also has a continuous alert.
mind you that I'm not familiar with coding and glad I got it to work in the end...
Maybe it's useful to someone...

Cheers m1k385

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”