Empty4 memory usage - tip

dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

Don't know if this has been raised before but I thought I'd share this tip.

Most of the testing I've been doing is with a Super Slope flavoured EA running against 18 charts. I also have 2 utility type charts to run APTM, TradeReport etc. RAM on my VPS was limiting number of terminals I could run.

When I set up a test I configure the EA on one chart and use a template copy script to copy that template to all other charts. Memory usage of a terminal running 18 + 2 charts was about 230MB.

What I noticed was if I shut down that terminal straight after doing the template copy, then restart it, memory usage dropped to about 110MB, i.e. less then 1/2. So it would appear that the template copy process requires a lot of memory and once that process is finished Empty4 does not release that memory.

So now I just configure my test terminals then shut down and restart straight away, and this results in about 1/2 memory usage. This might be common knowledge, I don't know, just sharing my experience.
Dragonian
Trader

Post by Dragonian »

Thanks for the tip, very helpful :good:
TTFN

Bill
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I post here merely to draw attention to your thread. I hope others will add their own tips.

Thanks for your contribution. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:!!: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”