VPS CPU usage at 100%, system bogged down to snail's pace.

MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

So, even after I did all the tips, closed all but three charts, closed all the demos, rebooted the server, patted my head and rubbed my belly, this is what I've got at the moment. When I started this thread the CPU was pretty much pegged at 100%.
CPU.png
My VPS provider is cheap-forex-vps.com and I'm on their Basic plan. Looks like I'm going to suck it up and be making a switch soon. :shock:

Thanks for all the tips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

Are there any files written by the EA or something else?
Removing these files might help.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Gertje » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm wrote:Are there any files written by the EA or something else?
Removing these files might help.
Sam's final comment suggests that he has worked out what the problem is.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

Okay gang. I started the switch and opened a basic FX VPS account with eaymon. So far, so very good, I can already see there is a lot less lag in the system and a lot less CPU drag. I have had a demo SPB running for a couple of days and all seems well. So, this leads a question about switching over from my previous vendor.

I have roughly 25 live trades open and probably as many pendings. If I were to shut off my cheap-forex-VPS window, and log in with eaymons, the EA should pick up where it left off, right? Or, I could hold off on the switch-over until the basket finally closes. The only thing is, the lag in the old vendor probably isn't doing EA performance any good. On the other hand, I'm down to about 880% margin level and don't really want or need extra trades coming on board.

I do have a demo set up on the old vendor. I'll try doing a switch over with that one and see if I find any glitches and report back.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

MurphyMan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 pm wrote:
I have roughly 25 live trades open and probably as many pendings. If I were to shut off my cheap-forex-VPS window, and log in with eaymons, the EA should pick up where it left off, right?
Yes. Make the switch immediately.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

Okay - all switched over, seems to be working a treat. Thanks for the help.

Now if we could just do something about GBPJPY. :roll:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

MurphyMan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:34 pm wrote:
Now if we could just do something about GBPJPY. :roll:
How about sticking a pin into its arse?

Return to “Know your MT4 platform”