Miscellaneous Dumb Questions – All EAs

Ask your basic questions confidently here. Flaming is not allowed. Sympathetic help is the order of the day.
andwen
Trader

Post by andwen »

Hi Radar.

Thanks so much for your reply.

I understand what the EA is basically trying to do. Basically the EA is running the whole process and I agree with the concept of zooming out for the EA to function and do what is needed.

Just wasnt sure if it was something that I was doing wrong, hence why I am in this forum as the hat def fits.

:hi:

Dont want to fiddle with something that is working well but i do like to zoom in on current price action and it is difficult to do this. Seems to also causes the EA, i think, to recalculate, but I am sure you know the answer to this anyway. As you say it wont flip back and you could be studying 4h chart without realising it, particularly with many charts open.

Thanks for the feedback and perhps it could be an option.....zoom = on/off.

Regards

Andrew
marx64
Trader

Post by marx64 »

What can be the problem if HGBDSSFB just refuses to take short trades? Before you ask, Long and Short is selected in EA Common tab, also Trade Short=true in Inputs.
I'm using the latest version e.
I'm also getting alert in Experts: cannot open file C\Users\......\MQL4\indicators\smFlyingBuddha Signals_v2.ex4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

marx64 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 am wrote:What can be the problem if HGBDSSFB just refuses to take short trades? Before you ask, Long and Short is selected in EA Common tab, also Trade Short=true in Inputs.
I'm using the latest version e.
I'm also getting alert in Experts: cannot open file C\Users\......\MQL4\indicators\smFlyingBuddha Signals_v2.ex4
Maybe obvious but do you have the smFlyingBuddha Signals_v2.ex4 indicator downloaded in your indicator folder?
marx64
Trader

Post by marx64 »

1Direction » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm wrote:
Maybe obvious but do you have the smFlyingBuddha Signals_v2.ex4 indicator downloaded in your indicator folder?
Yes, and if I attach it to the chart it works normally but I still get the error messages
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

marx64 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:09 pm wrote:
1Direction » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm wrote:
Yes, and if I attach it to the chart it works normally but I still get the error messages
You must have other issues then, maybe not latest EA version. From the installation notice:

You need to download two libraries because the bot will not run without them:

hgi_lib.ex4 from Bob's post 1 at HGI . You can put it in either your Experts or Libraries folder.
HGBnD core library.mqh from HGBnD shell . This must go in your Include folder.

The Super Slope indi code was added to the EA's code by Thomas so you do not need it for running the EA. Download it from BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

EA should not use external indi...

Re read install manual download latest file ...
marx64
Trader

Post by marx64 »

1Direction » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm wrote:
You must have other issues then, maybe not latest EA version. From the installation notice:

You need to download two libraries because the bot will not run without them:

hgi_lib.ex4 from Bob's post 1 at HGI . You can put it in either your Experts or Libraries folder.
HGBnD core library.mqh from HGBnD shell . This must go in your Include folder.

The Super Slope indi code was added to the EA's code by Thomas so you do not need it for running the EA. Download it from BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

EA should not use external indi...

Re read install manual download latest file ...
I have done all that. Running out of ideas.
RobertMY

Post by RobertMY »

Please be nice to me...

I have really an issue with, to prevent SuperSlope TD to indicate the current candle only. For my setup I would like to get any signal to from SuperSlope TD to TDesk, or any Popup, only after candle close.

I dont see it. I call my self an idiot now, before anyone does it for me.

Please help. It´simple I guess, but I am desperate now.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

RobertMY » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:30 am wrote:Please be nice to me...

I have really an issue with, to prevent SuperSlope TD to indicate the current candle only. For my setup I would like to get any signal to from SuperSlope TD to TDesk, or any Popup, only after candle close.

I dont see it. I call my self an idiot now, before anyone does it for me.

Please help. It´simple I guess, but I am desperate now.
Set EveryTickMode to 'false'.

:clap: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
RobertMY

Post by RobertMY »

SteveHopwood » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:24 am wrote: Set EveryTickMode to 'false'.

:clap: :rocket:
Please excuse my stupidity... I was at that setting of course already, because I try to read, try and understand. But it doesnt change that TDesk reacts nervous to my SS-1/M15 signals. Every Tick is on false, but anyway I get signals from the 15 min SS before candle close.

Do I have an understanding black hole somewhere? SS detects slopes. But it should calculate them after every candle close if I set it so. Means, if my shortest TF is M15 then I should get only a signal every 15 minutes, if a threshold gets passed. My problem is, that I get those signals continuously if the value passes threshold and moves around it.

Do I get the SS concept wrong, maybe?

My settings are: Evry Tick Mode: false - Read every new bar: true - Read EveryXSeconds: 0

:|

UPDATE:

I double checked the Baluda SuperSlope TD indi window. It changes background-color during open candle. What the hell do I wrong? I add here the set.file. :arrrg:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “EA's for Dummies.”