Baluda Slope Strength auto-trader

Share your 10.x automated traders here.
bushiden
Trader

Re: Baluda Slope Strength auto-trader

Post by bushiden »

glabbeek wrote:Just started using V1e this morning and no abnormalities.

Entering postions as expected.

Trading style: trade by difference.
good to know.. what your setting for UseCurrencyTreshold and UseSymbolTreshold?
I already read the whole thread, I still have no idea whether to click Yes or No on the pop up window.
spotdespot
Trader

Post by spotdespot »

bushiden wrote:
glabbeek wrote:Just started using V1e this morning and no abnormalities.

Entering postions as expected.

Trading style: trade by difference.
good to know.. what your setting for UseCurrencyTreshold and UseSymbolTreshold?
I already read the whole thread, I still have no idea whether to click Yes or No on the pop up window.
bushiden - basically the EA waits for the currency strength to move from inside a threshold to outside a threshold (so that it has been in the "ranging area" and you don't catch the end of a trend. The only way it can do this is by having a "starting point" - which is when the thresholds are initialized. If you restart Empty4 the EA asks if you want to reinitialize or use the stored thresholds.

So imagine you have a threshold set at >0.3, before you close Empty4 the currency has moved to 0.25 then when you restart Empty4 the currency strength has changed and is now 0.41 (default trade level is +/-0.4) - if you reinitialized the thresholds then the EA will wait for the currency strength to go below 0.3 and then back above (or below -0.4) before it will trade. If you say "No" don't initialize then it will trade immediately as it has effectively crossed the threshold.

This is just one example but hopefully you get the point. Essentially if Empty4/the EA is shut down for a short time then don't reinitialize. If the shutdown was fort some time and/or significant price movement has occurred during the shutdown then you should reinitialize or you will probably get some undesirable trades!

I can't help on the currency Vs Symbol threshold part I'm afraid as I haven't used v1e. I would guess run both ways (different magic numbers) and see?

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dave.
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

spotdespot wrote:So imagine you have a threshold set at >0.3, before you close Empty4 the currency has moved to 0.25 then when you restart Empty4 the currency strength has changed and is now 0.41 (default trade level is +/-0.4) - if you reinitialized the thresholds then the EA will wait for the currency strength to go below 0.3 and then back above (or below -0.4) before it will trade. If you say "No" don't initialize then it will trade immediately as it has effectively crossed the threshold.
Spot,

Spot on!

Note that Baluda now has two tresholds, one for currencies and one for symbols. Both operate the same way.

Paul
Check the MQL4 Market for my best EA's and Indicators.
glabbeek
Trader

Post by glabbeek »

I'm running v1e OOTB, because it is a new version.

What I normally do is run the previous version and the new version side by side, with the same parameters. This way you can filter out unexpected behaviour.
Regards,
Willem-Bram
bushiden
Trader

Post by bushiden »

spotdespot wrote: This is just one example but hopefully you get the point. Essentially if Empty4/the EA is shut down for a short time then don't reinitialize. If the shutdown was fort some time and/or significant price movement has occurred during the shutdown then you should reinitialize or you will probably get some undesirable trades!

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Dave.
Thanks Dave, especially on the bolded part. Really appreciate it!
Okay, how about the opening of multiple trade just to see it closed after a few seconds? Just like what happened on the earlier reported case (I think its on page 2/3). However, after I re-initialize it again, the problem is gone. Jut one trade opened so far. The rest in waiting mode.

I love the idea of this EA! Thanks Baluda (Paul) for this. Also all the contributor! My humble appreciation!
glabbeek
Trader

Post by glabbeek »

Maybe I'm alone on this, but when trading baskets I still like to have a wide stoploss for every separate trade.

I noticed that you already made some provisions for this in the code. I'm trying to convert the code slightly to accomodate the stoplosses, but so far no luck. (I'm using a ECNbroker so that is an extra hurdle).

I'm hoping that I will get it to work shortly, but that would mean that I need to convert all further updates.

Any change of making the individual stoploss function and ECNbroker function standard on future updates?
Regards,
Willem-Bram
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

glabbeek wrote:Maybe I'm alone on this, but when trading baskets I still like to have a wide stoploss for every separate trade.

I noticed that you already made some provisions for this in the code. I'm trying to convert the code slightly to accomodate the stoplosses, but so far no luck. (I'm using a ECNbroker so that is an extra hurdle).

I'm hoping that I will get it to work shortly, but that would mean that I need to convert all further updates.

Any change of making the individual stoploss function and ECNbroker function standard on future updates?
WB,

Checkout MPTM!

We choose to manage stoploss, takeprofit etc. independently from the EA. MPTM is the way to go.

Good luck.

Paul
Check the MQL4 Market for my best EA's and Indicators.
glabbeek
Trader

Post by glabbeek »

Hi Paul,

I agree that the MPTM is the best approach. The problem that I ran into was that you can use it either in normal mode or in basket mode, but not dual. I do use the MPTM to manage the baskets, but I can't get single trade stop losses placed.

There are 2 dirty work arounds.

1 Manual stoploss
2 Use a seconds instance of MPTM with the same magic number.

Maybe I'm wrong about the MPTM, I already put in a question on the MPTM thread.

Thanks

BTW, do you use MPTM or MPBM to manage your baskets?
Regards,
Willem-Bram
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Hi all, Paul, :D

Setting up my fxbook thingy for this.
I'm gently modding a little and creating my HardCoded file at the mo.

Can i ask an opinion from anyone about trading by level and trading by slope in the 'trading style' section. If i select both as 'true' , would this be a problem for the EA.?

Paul, you are using ccy1 and ccy2 to hold the two chosen pairs (weakest and strongest) i know this might sound strange, but if you threw in a ccy3 and even a ccy4, for a period of time to determine who come's out on top, sort of like a quarterfinals stage for the pairs.
Then move on to the buy or sell stage. Does this sound like a waste of time? alternatively, can you guide us how to make a mod like that.?

i'm reasonably familiar with the settings from previous ea's experiences and would like to throw my guess at a setup here. Not going to test OOTB yet, hoping to see other users' results here.
Also, not using MPTM or MBTM yet to allow the ea to flex its muscles first, and then decide which way to go based on results.

link and pic to follow.

hope we all have a great pipping week,
cuzgeorge
10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=36&t=848
glabbeek
Trader

Post by glabbeek »

Hi Paul,

As far as I know and when I read the code, Trading by Value takes precedence over Trading by slope strength when both are selected TRUE.

As far as exits go, I'm convinced that the MPTM or MPBM will increase your success greatly.
You don't make any money entering the market, you only make money exiting!
Regards,
Willem-Bram

Return to “10.x EA forum”