StackManV2

Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

Hey Gang,

Here's an updated version of StackMan, with a few inputs removed.
This version has 4 scripts that *must* be used with the EA (you can't manually open or close trades without them)...
StackMan Buy: Run this script to open a buy (I used the keyboard shortcut Alt + B (Add Buy, geddit?))
StackMan Sell: Run this script to open a sell (I used the keyboard shortcut Alt + S).
StackMan Close All Buys: Run this script to close all buys (I used the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + B (Close Buy, geddit?))
StackMan Close All Sells: Y'know, I've forgotten why I wrote this :(

How it works...
Short version: The EA does the work, the scripts tell it what to do.

Long version: The EA creates an object on the screen, which contains the MagicNumber...
When you drop one of the scripts on the chart, it looks for the MagicNumber, and if it finds it, it creates a GlobalVariable with the name consisting of...
MagicNumber + EAName + Symbol + either buy, sell, buy_close, or sell_close.
The EA looks for these GlobalVariables, and takes the appropriate action, then deletes the GV.
Once a trade has been opened, the EA manages stops, and when the SL has moved far enough into profit, (as determined by your settings), it will add more trades, eventually doubling-up on the lot-size, (if you enable that feature).

The Settings...
Most options should be obvious to anyone who's used Steve's EA's or shell, so I'll only describe those that are unique to this EA...
BaseLot: When you drop one of the buy or sell scripts onto the chart, the trade is of BaseLot size... Subsequent trades are calculated using the following formula... tradelots = BaseLot * MathPow(2, SILevel) (SILevel = Scale-In Level)... So, if SILevel = 0, tradelots = BaseLots * 1...
If SILevel = 1, tradelots = BaseLot * 2... If SILevel = 2, tradelots = BaseLot * 4.

ProfitToRisk: How far into profit should your Broker-side StopLoss should be before the first Scale_In trade is entered. BreakEvenProfit and JumpingStop StopLosses are stored on the server, whereas TrailingStop is not. If you enter 0 (zero) here, then you will not get any Scale-In trades.

MaxSILevel: Maximum times to double-up... If you enter 0 (zero) here, and a non-zero number in ProfitToRisk, all Scale-In trades will be of BaseLot size.

Since this EA requires your StopLoss to be far enough into profit to cover the loss of Scale-In trades (and still increase your balance), you will have to set and enable JumpingStops.

Have fun with it!

Radar =8^)

P.S. If it's working/not working, if you like/hate it, let me know! No Feedback = No Support!

(edit Fri, Feb 5, 2016)... Updated, see here.
(edit Thurs, Feb 14, 2016...) Updated... Code clean-up only.
(edit Tue, Feb 23, 2016...) Updated, see here.
(edit Wed, Feb 24 2016...) Updated, see here.
(edit Fri, Mar 11, 2016...) Updated, see here.
(edit Wed, Mar 23, 2016...) Updated sqDynamicBreakoutBox indicator, see here.
edit Fri, Sept 9, 2016... Fixed minor copy/paste/forget to edit bloop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Radar on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:47 am, edited 10 times in total.
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

I've been using this package in the slacktester to practise trading using SlowKey's Gann Ribbon System, and have been having fun with it! :) I didn't need to use any external apps to be able to practise, either. I just wait for a setup, hit the hotkey, and thar she bloows! :)

The results of my practise?

I need more practise! ;)

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
StackManV2
Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

Hmmm... People are so confuzzling...

I see that the EA has been downloaded 5 times, the Close All Sells script has been downloaded 4 times, and the rest, 3 times each.

Here's a hint...

THE EA DOESN'T HAVE ANY INTERNAL SIGNAL LOGIC TO OPEN TRADES! YOU HAVE TO USE THE INCLUDED SCRIPTS! ALSO, THE SCRIPTS DON'T OPEN OR CLOSE TRADES, THEY JUST SIGNAL THE EA TO DO IT!

Subtle enough?

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
StackManV2
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

StackManV2

Post by SteveHopwood »

Radar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:53 pm wrote:Hmmm... People are so confuzzling...

I see that the EA has been downloaded 5 times, the Close All Sells script has been downloaded 4 times, and the rest, 3 times each.

Here's a hint...

THE EA DOESN'T HAVE ANY INTERNAL SIGNAL LOGIC TO OPEN TRADES! YOU HAVE TO USE THE INCLUDED SCRIPTS! ALSO, THE SCRIPTS DON'T OPEN OR CLOSE TRADES, THEY JUST SIGNAL THE EA TO DO IT!

Subtle enough?

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
None of us have the foggiest idea what you are talking about, Radar. We are so baffled that we cannot even find the questions to ask to find out what you are talking about.

People at SHF have many attributes. Well, some of them do. Amongst those they are missing is the ability to read minds. I am probably not alone in being unable to read yours.

Not trying to be harsh - you would know if I were. Just pointing out that you are incomprehensible.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

Hey Steve,

It's not so much my mind that needs reading... The first post will do ;)
Is the long version of how it works totally unclear?

I checked the download stats,and the numbers don't match...
9 people have an EA that waits for signals from the scripts before opening trades...
8 people have a script that tells the EA to close all sell trades...
6 people have the scripts that tells the EA to either open a buy trade, close all buy trades, or open a sell trade...

For some reason, I don't think things are going to work as they were designed...
Just thought I'd head off any complaints along those lines before they started.

Anywho...

Take care,

&

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
StackManV2
ncoyte

StackManV2

Post by ncoyte »

Radar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:37 am wrote:Hey Steve,

It's not so much my mind that needs reading... The first post will do ;)
Is the long version of how it works totally unclear?

I checked the download stats,and the numbers don't match...
9 people have an EA that waits for signals from the scripts before opening trades...
8 people have a script that tells the EA to close all sell trades...
6 people have the scripts that tells the EA to either open a buy trade, close all buy trades, or open a sell trade...

For some reason, I don't think things are going to work as they were designed...
Just thought I'd head off any complaints along those lines before they started.

Anywho...

Take care,

&

Have fun!

Radar =8^)

Hi Radar,

Can you tell us how the EA works?

Cheers.
Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

Hey, Ncoyte,

Sure! Not a problem!
Just tell me what part of the first post you don't understand ;)
StackManV2
ncoyte

StackManV2

Post by ncoyte »

Radar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:52 am wrote:Hey, Ncoyte,

Sure! Not a problem!
Just tell me what part of the first post you don't understand ;)
Ok, i would like to know what theory it is based on and how it works.
Vlokkies
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Vlokkies »

ncoyte » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:
Ok, i would like to know what theory it is based on and how it works.
If you look at the first post, the word Stackman is highlighted.
That indicates it's a link to another thread/page/etc. In this case it takes you to the original Stackman thread where the whole concept of what the EA does and how it does it is explained.
That should answer your questions.
Radar
Trader

StackManV2

Post by Radar »

Thanks, Vlokkies :)
One day after posting SM, and I'm already losing the will to live :(

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
StackManV2

Return to “Utilities”