MQL Distributor

SnakeFighter

MQL Distributor

Post by SnakeFighter »

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure whether anyone else will find this useful, but I've made a utility to copy files to multiple Empty4 data folders concurrently. Enter the terminal root folder (eg C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal), select the destinations from the list that appears, and drag the file to copy over the panel with the name of your preferred destination.

For example, to copy an EA to all your Empty4 setups, you would make sure all the checkboxes are selected, then drag the .ex4 file from explorer over the panel showing "Experts". Note that any existing files with the same name will be overwritten.

It's written in Java, and packaged in the jar attached. As long as you have Java installed, you can run it from the terminal with:

Code: Select all

java -jar MQLDistributor2
or use the batch file I've also attached. You'll need to extract both files from the ZIP, of course.

Because it's generally held to be a bad idea to run programs from strangers from the internet, the source is here on github:
https://github.com/SnakeFighter/MQLDistributor2

You're more than welcome to download and compile yourself, or just have a laugh at my scruffy code!

I'm aware that not everyone has their environments set up like this, so apologies if it doesn't work for you. I have tested it on my laptop and VPS, but usual disclaimers apply.

ATB
Charlie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SnakeFighter on Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MQL Distributor

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks for posting this Charlie. :clap:

I haven't a clue what you are talking about, so I hope that others can make sense of it. I am posting merely to draw attention to your post.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
rapple
Trader

MQL Distributor

Post by rapple »

Hi Charlie

The is free software that does similar. I use this to update files across multiple Empty4 instances at once.

https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/37/eacopy

Cheers Richard
renexxxx
Trader

MQL Distributor

Post by renexxxx »

rapple » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 am wrote:Hi Charlie

The is free software that does similar. I use this to update files across multiple Empty4 instances at once.

https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/37/eacopy

Cheers Richard
Hi Richard,

MalwareBytes finds the Adware.Zdengo malware in this EACopy software. Beware!

Rene.
rapple
Trader

MQL Distributor

Post by rapple »

Thanks for the heads up Rene.
SnakeFighter

MQL Distributor

Post by SnakeFighter »

Thank you for the comments- and apologies if what I have written isn't clear! I may not have explained it that well.

To illustrate, here's a screenshot:
MQLDScreenie.jpg
As you can see, I've entered the parent folder of my Empty4 data folders (copy-and-paste is your friend!). The checkbox list of data folders is generated for you. Drag any file over the a panel (Experts / Indicators etc etc) below to copy to the selected destinations.

I should have mentioned, to run this app, you will need to have Java installed.

Please let me know if you have any comments, or if it's not working for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Utilities”