Important thingies about Empty4

sam

Re: Important thingies about Empty4

Post by sam »

fxdaytrader,
Thanks. It works.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Nice one fxdaytrader. I am including a link in my weekly round-up on Sunday.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Pedigree
Trader

Post by Pedigree »

Such a useful utility fxdaytrader.
Much appreciated.
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Found this very interesting article about vps setup.
Includes some utilities to optimize vps.
Thought it might be useful here.

http://forexverified.com/vps_setup.html

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
jago25
Trader

Post by jago25 »

Steve, what indi do you use to show the time on the chart vs the internal computer time +/- zone so I can make sure the chart is up to date and current quickly?
My concern is that the charts haven't updated properly giving incorrect indicators.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

jago25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm wrote:Steve, what indi do you use to show the time on the chart vs the internal computer time +/- zone so I can make sure the chart is up to date and current quickly?
My concern is that the charts haven't updated properly giving incorrect indicators.
I don't. There are umpteen around; no doubt someone will be along any time now to post one for you.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
dudest
Trader

Post by dudest »

SpiderX » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:16 am wrote:Found this very interesting article about vps setup.
Includes some utilities to optimize vps.
Thought it might be useful here.

http://forexverified.com/vps_setup.html

Cheers
Thanks SpiderX, very useful!

Cheers
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Jago25,
jago25 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:36 am wrote:Steve, what indi do you use to show the time on the chart vs the internal computer time +/- zone so I can make sure the chart is up to date and current quickly?
This one's been on here for a while... http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =27&t=2234

.. Just updated it to show GMT.

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
jimmyjjohn

Post by jimmyjjohn »

I have a habit for keeping things updated, so I always update my Empty4 whenever a new built is available. As usual, I have updated all of my Empty4 and I am yet to find any problem. I do keep my lappy 24/7 running and also forward testing a few EA's. I'll let you guys know if I get any trouble.
J4D

Post by J4D »

Hi..

Is there any procedure that keeps an Empty4 platform performing properly ?..sorry if this is a weird/dumb question..

Ive been testing an EA I had made ( not from this site ) for a few months now, in a small live account....The trade model is semi-automated, so its a plug the EA in and play when the environment meets a certain criteria.. The EA generally does what it should do 95% of the time but every now and then it opens a trade it shouldn't do ?.... with no logic as to why its opened the trade. I know there is a large consensus in this forum that say Empty4 is crap, so is there a kinda set procedure one can go through to minimize or eradicate these weird instances that happen ? . Ive heard some traders download a fresh platform every month, others only use certain builds etc..

Any help with making Empty4 more user friendly would be very much appreciated..

If this post is in the wrong thread... apologies...

Thank ....Ja

Return to “Automated trading systems”