Important thingies about Empty4

milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

J4D » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:27 pm wrote:Hi..

Is there any procedure that keeps an Empty4 platform performing properly ?..sorry if this is a weird/dumb question..

Ive been testing an EA I had made ( not from this site ) for a few months now, in a small live account....The trade model is semi-automated, so its a plug the EA in and play when the environment meets a certain criteria.. The EA generally does what it should do 95% of the time but every now and then it opens a trade it shouldn't do ?.... with no logic as to why its opened the trade. I know there is a large consensus in this forum that say Empty4 is crap, so is there a kinda set procedure one can go through to minimize or eradicate these weird instances that happen ? . Ive heard some traders download a fresh platform every month, others only use certain builds etc..

Any help with making Empty4 more user friendly would be very much appreciated..

If this post is in the wrong thread... apologies...

Thank ....Ja
without knowing the code of your EA it is impossible to answer your question, you should attach your EA and give an exampel for such a trade that should never have been opened...

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

J4D » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:27 pm wrote:Hi..

Any help with making Empty4 more user friendly would be very much appreciated..
Yep. Sure would.

I recommend not holding your breath for useful answers. There are some of the best brains in the train wreck of Forex trading contributing here. The crapform beats all of us from time to time.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

J4D » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:17 am wrote:
Hey Guys..

@Tommaso- I only have the ex -file... the coder wouldn't give me the MQ- file.. Would the ex-file still show you the code you need to see ?..

Sorry for my limited experience in MQ code and thanks Tommaso for any help you can give..

Ja..
The problem is probably caused because the code is "outdated", Empty4 has made many changes in the syntax of mq4 since the last year, so that too old ex4 files can give run-time problems. The best would be if you let someone recode your strategy... Unfortunately with an ex4 file can not much be done, you can pm me and I will take a look ...

Tommaso
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

J4D » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 pm wrote:
Hi Tommaso.. I seem to have all form of private mail privileges removed ...so, this will probably be my last post..

Thank you kindly for your work correcting the EA in discussion, it seems to be working fine but I will know for sure over time..

Again, thank you for your time and all the best for the future..

Ja.
Just let me know if something still not works, as it should...

Tommaso
Just PM
nasdaqqueen

Post by nasdaqqueen »

Ive just found the post by fxdaytrader about the script to keep Empty4 clean and SpiderX for the help about the VPS. Thanks very much to both of you in helping a less technical eprson to keep things running smooth.
Cheers :clap:
Bruster400
Trader

Get rid of the roaming data folder

Post by Bruster400 »

Hi,

I've just found out something that I didn't know (not hard, I realise!). I might be very late to the party on this one, so if you've all been doing this for ages then ........... why didn't you tell me! :roll:

What I've found is that if you edit the Empty4 shortcut on your desktop and under Target - add /portable if forces the software to use the local version of your MQL4 folders rather than your roaming, user specific data folder. So for example if your Target was:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Broker Name\terminal.exe"

just change it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Broker Name\terminal.exe" /portable

Remember the /portable has a space in front of it and is outside the quotations.

Now when you start your terminal you'll find you don't have all your indis and templates etc but you can just copy and paste your roaming files over the ones in the program files location and your done. If you ever want a new instance of Empty4, for a VPS etc then you just copy the whole folder across and it's done - no need to reinstall.

Now, I'm assuming that because this isn't widely done that there is a problem with doing this that I'll discover at some point. If I shouldn't be doing this, and it's going to cause me issues then could someone who knows more about this please let me know!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Get rid of the roaming data folder

Post by SteveHopwood »

Bruster400 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:37 am wrote:Now, I'm assuming that because this isn't widely done that there is a problem with doing this that I'll discover at some point. If I shouldn't be doing this, and it's going to cause me issues then could someone who knows more about this please let me know!
No, there is no problem with it. I use it every time.

Once you have a stable (or at least not totally disastrous) instance of Empty4 running, you can stop automatic updates buggering thingies up with this: /skipupdate as in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Broker Name\terminal.exe" /portable /skipupdate

Essential additions, in my book.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”