Important thingies about Empty4

Xfinity
Trader

Re: Important thingies about Empty4

Post by Xfinity »

SteveHopwood wrote:
Xfinity wrote:Is build 228 stable? Because I cannot find Metaquotes build 229 anywhere and I couldn't get my criminal to work on the version Steve posted in 1st post. So, if anyone has it. Please post it or a link where I can download it. Thanks in advance!
Perfect oppo to test out guandi's assertion that all we need to do is copy the relevant terminal over the top of the installed one.

The attached zip contains the V229 that I am using to run scoobs' Forex Robot. Please let us know if copying the .exe file over your existing terminal works ok.

Cheers

:D
Thanks! Unfortunately it crashes on Windows 7 even with XP compatible mode switched on. I will try some other setups before I quit.

Update: Installing a clean 228 build works without any problem, when I replace the terminal.exe file with the 229 version it crashes. There must be another file that needs to be replaced as well. If we only had a Metaquotes 229 version. I will try and copy and paste some files from the Cowboy IBFX setup to see what files we need as well. This is probably due to customizing the Empty4 to their needs.

Update 2: Found some old versions of Empty4 here. I have installed both 225 and 229 from this thread and they work. I am still going to try and find a raw* version from Metaquotes.

Update 3: Couldn't find any raw* 229 build from Metaquotes, if anyone has it - please post it or add a download link. Thanks in advance. (Even a raw* terminal.exe from build 229 would do ;))

Update 4: After using build 229 for a day, my first impressions is that its more stable but also faster than newer builds (406/409) - but that's my impressions - you might get other impressions ;).

*) Raw = from Metaquotes directly.
Xfinity
Trader

Post by Xfinity »

Here is some builds that I have gathered:

Empty4, build 225 (Raw*)
Link to dropbox

Empty4, build 225 (Alpari UK)
Link to dropbox

Empty4, build 228 (Raw*)
Link to dropbox

Empty4, build 229 (Sunbird)
Link to dropbox

*) Raw = From MetaQuotes
obnoxious2
Trader

Post by obnoxious2 »

Steve, could you also post the settings for the expert advisor under your first post? The one on checking which boxes and which subboxes under tools>options. I think that would help those that are just starting using Empty4 or those like me who just forgot after never downloading new clients onto a new comp :D
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

bigpipn wrote:
As far as backtesting or trading ANYYYYY system on Empty4 criminals, test it on http://www.integral.com (http://www.truefx.com for ms bid/ask ticks) and run it on an Axis Trader or Roboforex demo (same exactttt feed as live). I have log files from SNB intervention and May 6, 2010 that shows that when SHTF the MMers and criminals use completely random quotes to try anything and everything from being arb'd. And if they are arb'd they do everything in their power to not pay. /rant
Can anyone else confirm this, that the data is clean and live (before we all go and sign up...)? (Pipn, not intending to dis u, but I don't know you....).
Caal
Trader

Post by Caal »

I kinda badly need Empty4 version 399 or 402 (or anything in between). Does anyone have that version?
carolco
Trader

Post by carolco »

SteveHopwood wrote:Some of you may wonder why I bother putting a time display at the top of my EA's. I do this so we can make a quick check that they are still running.

For some time now, the ea's have been stopping on the always-on lappy in the music roomn, that hosts my trading platforms. The lappy is elderly and ludicrously under-strength compared to modern machines, but it had no trouble running up to 10 demo account in the past.

I was finding time and again that the platform was freezing, and it would take Task Manager (Windows xp) several attempts to close them. They would often freeze instantly on reloading; sometimes the only way to get the platform restarted was to delete the robot it was hosting and start again.

I gave up trying to run my TIB and Joe demos last week; then damn platforms simply would not run. I could not see how the code in my bots was causing such trouble, but assumed it was the bots.

Over in scoobs' Forex Robot thread and before he let us have the source code, we discovered his robot would only run if we updated our platforms to the latest 4.9. I had not updated my coding Alpari UK demo for ages, so I did this. Scoobs' bot instantly ran happily.

And the platform started crashing whenever it felt bored or wanted some tlc. It turns out that those stupid sods at Metaquotes have released the most unstable, bug-infested piece of infantile crap yet. An achievement of major note, I suggest.

It turns out my demo platforms were freezing because I always allowed Live Update when starting a fresh one, so I was always running 4.9.

So, the purpose of this thread is twofold:
  • 1) To warn the unsuspecting never to allow Live Update to run. Apart from anything else, Empty4 has been around for a long time. Even the pathetic children who programme it have had time to find all the bugs, so there is no need to keep up this blizzard of updates.
    2) To allow us to share previous versions of Empty4 setup files that allow us to run moderately stable platforms.
Empty4 setup files are too large to upload here, so they need uploading to a file-hosting site and then linking here. If you could all do that with your stable versions and post the links here, I will add the link to this post.

Here is my setup for Cowboy IBFX Aussie V229 - apparently one of the most stable:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1313k0e3534txmh

Steve,
I had absolutely same problems with my always on lappy which was noisy old UMAX P4 Celeron 2.4Ghz with XP on it. The Instances of Empty4 were often frozen and it was hard to start Empty4 without freezing. Now UMAX is dead and I replaced it with Pegatron ATOM 330 Win 7 x86 on it and since then I have no issues with whatever version of Empty4. It seems to me that Empty4 is somewhat incompatible with XP.. Win 7 x86 solved all problems with Empty4..

Thank You for the b229 version anyway
plateman
Trader

Post by plateman »

Anybody wary of crims own version of Empty4 can download a generic version from metaquotes and copy the .svr files from your crims config folder to the config folder on the generic Empty4. You will then be able to log in to your accounts on the generic platform, of course if the crims naughty bits are in the .svr files.......................
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

carolco wrote:Steve,
I had absolutely same problems with my always on lappy which was noisy old UMAX P4 Celeron 2.4Ghz with XP on it. The Instances of Empty4 were often frozen and it was hard to start Empty4 without freezing. Now UMAX is dead and I replaced it with Pegatron ATOM 330 Win 7 x86 on it and since then I have no issues with whatever version of Empty4. It seems to me that Empty4 is somewhat incompatible with XP.. Win 7 x86 solved all problems with Empty4..

Thank You for the b229 version anyway
I bought a new lappy last week - 4 Gig of memory. All problems have magically disappeared.

It looks as though the real secret lies in having a decently-powered machine.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

What do you guys think about the forced use of v416 and above?

http://alpari-forex.com/en/cnews/36341.html
http://www.fxopen.com/news.aspx?id=facc ... e708106e9a

Via Cowboy IBFX mailbox:
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Valued Trader,

Starting on June 1, client Empty4 terminals below build 416 will not be able to connect to trade servers, and thus updates and trading will be disabled. The only solution for traders with old terminal builds will be to download the latest version of Empty4 and reinstall the terminal.

This is a quick and easy process that we recommend you follow, regardless of your current Empty4 build, to ensure you are running on the latest version of the Cowboy IBFX Empty4 platform with no interruption to your trading.

Update to our newest Empty4 platform to enjoy many additional features. This improved version brings you true one-click order execution and much more. You can also watch our training videos by clicking here. Each one focuses on a new and exciting feature inside the Cowboy IBFX version of Empty4.

Happy Trading,
Team Cowboy IBFX
------------------------------------------------------------

I find the notice is a little short, 1 week. Plus the issue with dll type double passing issue with 418 has got me using 409 till now. Ah...

On a related note, v427's push notification looks good. Simplifies the email/sms setup. Anyone tested it yet?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Raiden wrote:What do you guys think about the forced use of v416 and above?
I am bloody livid. 'Valued customer' my arse.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”