Forex Strategy Builder and Trader

JayPeg64

Re: Forex Strategy Builder and Trader

Post by JayPeg64 »

I've been experimenting with FSB for 10 months now and have been tweaking away at my tests for a while to try and get something that will deliver consistent profits. Curve fitting was my biggest hurdle but with constant tweaking and testing one can start to detect when this is a problem and attenuate it. You can see my latest incarnation - hopefully now the almost-out-of-beta model which I can use long term. I tweak this model every weekend if I detect curve fitting - you'll know what it looks like when you see it 1000 times like I have.

https://www.fxjunction.com/profile/JayPeg64/I/stats

So far my biggest challenge has not been FSB but the lack of stability of Empty4. The above model runs 10 separate FSB strategies for each currency pair which requires the attachment of 10 FST EA's to a chart. This has proved almost impossible to run on Empty4 as it crashes every few minutes.

My first solution was to automatically start Empty4 after each crash using AlwaysUp, although Process Lasso works also, but with 10 EA's attached this caused Empty4 to frequently hang up. Finally I split the 10 EA's across 3 instances of Empty4 and although AlwaysUp still has to restart each Empty4 terminal at least 100 times a day so far everything works without a hitch and no trades have been missed.

Popov and his team deserve a whole lot of kudos for what they have produced here as without it I simply would never have taken the plunge towards automated trading as everything else I tried was too time consuming to learn.
rosst
Trader

Post by rosst »

Nice!
slowkey
Trader

Post by slowkey »

Nice results JapPeg64 ... I hope to get back to this project but I have been a little under the weather of late. Hopefully I will be able to get more videos up on the new version of Forex Strategy Builder this fall.

Kind Regards
Doug
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Now using HGI on 60 minutes and up & 10.7 with Hurst Targets intraday.
Bob's HGI Fourm
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3524

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
matthewi

Post by matthewi »

I have just been getting into the strategy builder, but was wondering if there was an option to run the generator or strategies over particular date periods rather than the full imported data set? Its probably there.... but I haven't managed to find out how to define a range like that.

Regards,
Matt
JayPeg64

Post by JayPeg64 »

matthewi wrote:I have just been getting into the strategy builder, but was wondering if there was an option to run the generator or strategies over particular date periods rather than the full imported data set? Its probably there.... but I haven't managed to find out how to define a range like that.

Regards,
Matt
Use the Data Horizon function to truncate data to your specified date range under the Market tab.
matthewi

Post by matthewi »

Thanks. I'll give that a go. When I first read that option I thought that it would actually go and modify the existing data files.... but now looking back that would make no sense :)
togr

Post by togr »

JayPeg64 wrote:I've been experimenting with FSB for 10 months now and have been tweaking away at my tests for a while to try and get something that will deliver consistent profits. Curve fitting was my biggest hurdle but with constant tweaking and testing one can start to detect when this is a problem and attenuate it. You can see my latest incarnation - hopefully now the almost-out-of-beta model which I can use long term. I tweak this model every weekend if I detect curve fitting - you'll know what it looks like when you see it 1000 times like I have.

https://www.fxjunction.com/profile/JayPeg64/I/stats

So far my biggest challenge has not been FSB but the lack of stability of Empty4. The above model runs 10 separate FSB strategies for each currency pair which requires the attachment of 10 FST EA's to a chart. This has proved almost impossible to run on Empty4 as it crashes every few minutes.

My first solution was to automatically start Empty4 after each crash using AlwaysUp, although Process Lasso works also, but with 10 EA's attached this caused Empty4 to frequently hang up. Finally I split the 10 EA's across 3 instances of Empty4 and although AlwaysUp still has to restart each Empty4 terminal at least 100 times a day so far everything works without a hitch and no trades have been missed.

Popov and his team deserve a whole lot of kudos for what they have produced here as without it I simply would never have taken the plunge towards automated trading as everything else I tried was too time consuming to learn.
Now you can download and use FSB pro. It can trade multiple strategies over multiple pairs with single Empty4 and single FSB pro instance. As it is alpha version it is till free.
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4334/for ... o-alpha-5/
aSushiRoll
Trader

Post by aSushiRoll »

Does anyone have any experience with writing your own indi for this? Can you access multiple currencies in one indi and use it in FSB? (ie use CSS)?
togr

Post by togr »

aSushiRoll wrote:Does anyone have any experience with writing your own indi for this? Can you access multiple currencies in one indi and use it in FSB? (ie use CSS)?
I think in current version multi currencies are not supported but in new version there will be supported.
daveM
Trader

Post by daveM »

The new Multicore Processor version has been posted for download

http://forexsb.com/wiki/download

Return to “Automated trading systems”