Aussiedoc's 6 Ducks in a Row

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Aussiedoc's 6 Ducks in a Row

Post by SteveHopwood »

The purpose of this thread is to develop an EA that automates the Doc's strategy posted at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 3204#p3204

The attached EA will trade on demo and in strategy tester. It is disabled for trading on live accounts, which is why this thread does not begin with the usual range of blood-curdling threats.

I have temporarily suspended development of the EA whilst George works on his fantastic Ducks indi - also attached. Read George's post for details http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 5110#p5110; the attached template will set up your chart for you, so long as Ducks is in your indi folder.

Exciting stuff going on, folks. Doc trades his system live and successfully; that is what makes it so attractive.

:D

Update: Ducks indi is now back to EMA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Aussiedoc
Trader

Re: Aussiedoc's 6 Ducks in a Row

Post by Aussiedoc »

Steve & George, thanks very much!

I really appreciate all the work you both have put in.

Mark (aka Doc) :D
If you can never exceed your own expectations - why expect second-best?
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

Excellent Steve, really excited about this :D
I'll wait for the user manual before firing up stupid questions!
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
Aussiedoc
Trader

Stop loss error

Post by Aussiedoc »

Steve, hi! I set up on the M5 to road-test and have copped a couple of alerts that I am not sure about. Have attached the set file hoping that you may be able to shed some light. :o

Thanks. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Stop loss error

Post by SteveHopwood »

Aussiedoc wrote:Steve, hi! I set up on the M5 to road-test and have copped a couple of alerts that I am not sure about. Have attached the set file hoping that you may be able to shed some light. :o

Thanks. :D
Google 'Trade context busy' for enlightenment. You need to understand these things if you are to trade using an EA.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Aussiedoc
Trader

Post by Aussiedoc »

Steve, WOW... vertical learning curve! :roll:

As I understand it... "Wait your turn - I can only open one trade at a time!!" :D Pretty easy with manual trading!

How then would you advise I go about reducing the odds of a re-occurrence so that Ducks can pretty- much trade automatically? Where do I need to look? What do I need to learn? :D

Aside from that; my main challenge is converting my style of setting the SL (1 = entry candle; back 3 candles; 4th candle H/L + spread = SL) into a pip value that I can use with your BE, TS or JS settings. :oops:

I'd appreciate your thoughts. :D

Cheers
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Aussiedoc wrote:Steve, WOW... vertical learning curve! :roll:

As I understand it... "Wait your turn - I can only open one trade at a time!!" :D Pretty easy with manual trading!

How then would you advise I go about reducing the odds of a re-occurrence so that Ducks can pretty- much trade automatically? Where do I need to look? What do I need to learn? :D
There is nothing you can do. All my bots have code to make them wait until the trade context is no longer buggered up - and then two of them try to send a trade at the same time.

Hey ho.

Re the pip thingy, no idea. Sorry.

astral77
Trader

Post by astral77 »

HI DOC

"Trade Context Busy" is another way for Empty4 to remind us it is free and as Steve keeps reminding us, utterly CRAP. (sorry for the strong language). I even get this message during my manual trades, in particular during high volume trading times (e.g. important new releases). Quite often once it gives me this lovely message the only cure is to close and restart Empty4. This is the quickest and surest way of getting rid of this problem.

Kind regards
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

...which is a lovely thought for anyone contemplating hands-off unattended auto-trading with Empty4......
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

garyfritz wrote:...which is a lovely thought for anyone contemplating hands-off unattended auto-trading with Empty4......
Lol, scary thought, thanks for that Gary! :)

Return to “Automated trading systems”