EA based on support/resistance

ace81
Trader

Post by ace81 »

Hi Tommaso

I got a sell trade after changing to latest version, but it still have a trade when near proven support area
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

ace81 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 am wrote:Hi Tommaso

I got a sell trade after changing to latest version, but it still have a trade when near proven support area
Thank you !! there is +/- problem because this should be a buy.. I will later do a bugfix..
and thank you!!!

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
milanese
TechAdmin

[BUGFIX!!]EA based on support/resistance

Post by milanese »

Thanks to ace81 and muhammadbadawi I fixed definetly the problem that the EA was using sometimes the wrong zones for opening trades (funny that this resulted in not so bad results at all :smile: ), now only the right zone will be used , the EA will open buy from support and sell from resistance.
MinSRHitForUsingZone=4 is OOTB set to use only proven zones, in the original idea from dudest it was set to 2 fro using too verified zones, you can experiment with this, note that if yoy want to use other tf as M30 you must change PERIOD_SR=PERIOD_M30 to the tf you want to use, you can too play with the other tf setings (PERIOD_2CandleRule=PERIOD_H4,PERIOD_ATR=PERIOD_H4).
Please report your results, with the setings you use and if you see again positions taken that should not be taken let me know...
You find the new version in the first post.

Tommaso
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

great thanks tommaso
putusernamehere
Trader

Post by putusernamehere »

Hi, :hi:
here are the results from today it is only Demo,
it is OOTB :) , this is the old version I test the new vesion TheSRZoneEADudestC monday
Thanks Tommaso I really appreciate for your work :good:

Cheers Gunter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mirador
Trader

Post by mirador »

Hi all,

Very happy to see an EA based on S/R. Lots of potential ahead. Thanks again Tommaso for your hard work. I have many inputs that I would like to share.

First look at this trade. I think it should have been a SELL because:

1. The trend is definitely down
2. We have a broken support (turncoat support)

Honestly, who would have open a BUY there.

First though: When we have a broken support or Resistance in the trend direction, chances are the price will do some distance in the same direction.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

mirador » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:37 am wrote:Hi all,

Very happy to see an EA based on S/R. Lots of potential ahead. Thanks again Tommaso for your hard work. I have many inputs that I would like to share.

First look at this trade. I think it should have been a SELL because:

1. The trend is definitely down
2. We have a broken support (turncoat support)

Honestly, who would have open a BUY there.

First though: When we have a broken support or Resistance in the trend direction, chances are the price will do some distance in the same direction.
that depends on the settings MinSRHitForUsingZone=4 what zones are used, OOTB will never open this trade. And the startegy is like discribed in the first post, maybe doing the contrary, could be sometimes better, depends much if we are in ranging or tranding markes..
Backtesting this EA with the crappy backtester will not bring much believe me.., please put it on a demo account and let me know your observations, especially strange behaviour..

Tommaso
Just PM
mirador
Trader

Post by mirador »

Yes I use OOTB and the latest version that I just downloaded a few hours ago.

So indeed looking at the next graph the price went down and we took a lost.

Then the price hits a resistance and another BUY was open. I don't think it's according to the Rules on first page: SELL: when price gets to the lower border of the resistance zone.
mirador
Trader

Post by mirador »

Sorry I use OOTB except MinSRHItForUsingZone = 2 to get more trades
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

mirador » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:51 am wrote:Yes I use OOTB and the latest version that I just downloaded a few hours ago.

So indeed looking at the next graph the price went down and we took a lost.

Then the price hits a resistance and another BUY was open. I don't think it's according to the Rules on first page: SELL: when price gets to the lower border of the resistance zone.
backtesting works not correct as I said in my previous post.. and I see you are using H1 tf so you have changed too PERIOD_SR setting?OOTB it openes only one trade, stacking is set off.
Please do demo forward testing ..

Tommaso
Just PM

Return to “Automated trading systems”