Oracle EA

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Oracle EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL EA NOT YET BEING USED ON OUR LIVE ACCOUNTS

The genesis of Oracle is to be found at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=5&t=320. You will see that xlitang did not take up my challenge to prove the system worked by trading it manually, and the thread initially died out in February.

Then in May, along came jaggerdam67 (Joel) at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 944#p92944 claiming to be making lots of pips manually from the system. I got in touch with Joel and we have been developing Oracle on the quiet. It bears little resemblance to xlitang's thingy, so make sure you download everything you need from here.

Nice one Joel. Thanks. :clap:

Set up your charts
  • copy the three Oracle indi's (Move, Strength, Direction) and GPTrend_V22 into your indicators folder.
  • copy Oracle.tpl into your templates folder.
    copy Oracle EA into your Experts folder.
  • close down then restart your platform.
Open up a chart and load it with the Oracle template. It will look something like this:
eurchfdaily.png
Trading
Oracle has been successful on demo on the D1 time frame - it has failed on lower tf's. It is not a trading tart, so set it up on lots of charts. Everything happens at the open of a new D1 chart, so you are looking at the close of the previous candle for the indicators to line up.
  • Buy trade:
    • Oracle Move is an indi that produces the blue and red moving averages on the chart. Blue must have crossed above red within the previous LookBackCandlesForCross candles (defaults to 6).
    • both Oracle Direction arrows must be blue.
    • the Oracle Strength histo must be blue.
  • Sell trade:
    • Oracle Move blue must have crossed below red within the previous LookBackCandlesForCross candles (defaults to 6).
    • both Oracle Direction arrows must be red.
    • the Oracle Strength histo must be red.
Trade exit
  • there are the usual TakeProfitPips and StopLossPips inputs for those of you who want to directly control this mode of exit.
  • ATR stop loss and take profit. Oracle read the ATR and multiplies this figure by ExitAtrStopLossMultiplier to create a dynamic stop loss, and ExitAtrTakeProfitMultiplier to create a take profit.
  • trades will be closed if Rsi crosses in the opposite direction to the trade, and GP_Trend is the opposite colour.
  • CloseOnH4OppositeSignal: if 'true', the ea will close the trade if it detects a full opposite-direction set of trade signals.
  • CloseOnRsiRecross: if true, the ea will close the trade if Rsi recrosses in the wrong direction for the trade.
  • IndicatorsReversingToCloseTrade: set this to <4 if you do not want to wait for a full opposite direction trade signal. By default, the ea will close it when two of them are wrong. Set this to >4 to turn this feature off. The ea will display the number of indi's lining up against any open trade.
Take a deep breath
All this is far simpler than it seems. Take a few minutes to study your chart and see how it shows the details I have described above.

Serious reservation
The Oracle indi's do not come in .crapql source code - they only come as compiled .ex4 files. They are 'black boxes' whose inner workings are hidden from us. They will do the usual Crap Custom Abortion thingy of calling the regular indi's that ship with Empty4 and display the results using pretty colours etc - hence my original scepticism of the thread. Fact is, Joel has been successful and our Oracle EA has done ok for me on demo, and apparently well for Joel.

Inputs
Run this OOTB apart from Lot unless you understand the indicators involved. The inputs specific to Oracle are all above the General Inputs section.

Oracle has all my usual stuff. I include it so that inveterate tinkerers can do their thingy to their hearts' content. You will find descriptions of how they work in the Shell User Guide. By default, everything apart from the thingies specific to the trading system are turned off, so you can cheerfully ignore them.

In conclusion
This ea is not a trading trollope. Trade it on the D1. Load it onto multiple charts. Do not expect a lot of trades. It does produce losers. Some of the winners will blow your mind.

Have fun.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
rdg281
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by rdg281 »

Hi all,

Going to try this. On a demo of course :)
Often it's like this
"Less is More"

Cheers :)
Roberto
The winner takes it all :arrrg:
jaggerdam67

Oracle EA

Post by jaggerdam67 »

Thanks Steve for making this a reality and to trader689 for lighting the fuse. I currently have this set up on three demo's on multiple pairs. FinFX, Global Prime and GCI. The GCI account is to see how this system performs on other financal markets (DOW, FTSE100, S&P500, Nikkei225, CAC40 and Russel 2K) but also has a trade copier to duplicate any FX trades made by the FinFX account. This has only been set up a few days and no trades there yet. FinFX has been running the longest as I was trading the system manually on here before Steve put together the EA. The Global Prime account has only been running a week so not alot of action there. I currently have trades of GBPUSD at 51 pips, USDCAD -2 and USDJPY -19. Attached are results from the last month on the FinFX account. I'm still leaving a lot of pips on the table as I often let trades retrace to see where they go and would welcome any input on locking in more profit with a more precise exit method. One close strategy that I think would be effective is to exit at a full reversal of the indicators on the (4H) lower time frame. I make no claims for this system, it's still early days considering it trades on a 1D chart, a month isn't a very long time period to assess it's performance. I think the beauty of diversifying across multiple currency pairs is that a fluctuation on one is usually offset by a correlating, opposite move on another and negative trades are usually offset. I've also attached a screen shot showing how I have my charts set up. The 2 RSI indicators are not necessary for this system, I just have them on there as I'm exploring different exit strategies.

All the best J
jaggerdam67

Oracle EA

Post by jaggerdam67 »

Screen shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by trader689 »

many thanks to both steve and joel for this EA. it would be good if we could have people demoing this and working together to test this and refine an exit strategy, although looking good even from the preliminary tests
rdg281
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by rdg281 »

Hi :hi:

Didn't make a trade yet.
Restarted friday, if something happens i post it
9 pairs and gold

Roberto
The winner takes it all :arrrg:
trader689
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by trader689 »

i've got mine setup on about 25 pairs and no trade for me yet. like steve said this is not a trading tart, but hopefully we will get some good ones
rdg281 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:02 am wrote:Hi :hi:

Didn't make a trade yet.
Restarted friday, if something happens i post it
9 pairs and gold

Roberto
jaggerdam67

Oracle EA

Post by jaggerdam67 »

Yes last week was very quiet for me too compared to the previous 5 weeks of testing. Be patient.

J
rapple
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by rapple »

Hi all,

I set mine up as per the instructions (using the template) which worked beautifully. Had one trade GBPAUD (18/6/2014, ICMarkets ECN Demo) which hit SL

Cheers Rapple
cherno99
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by cherno99 »

rapple » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:53 pm wrote:Hi all,

I set mine up as per the instructions (using the template) which worked beautifully. Had one trade GBPAUD (18/6/2014, ICMarkets ECN Demo) which hit SL

Cheers Rapple
same trade here, same result

Return to “Automated trading systems”