Post by rapple »

Hi all

Oracle has opened a sell trade on GPDCAD (25/6). I am using ICMarkets ECN demo

Kind regards Rapple
trader689
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by trader689 »

same trade here on global prime. hmm lets see where this one goes, the preceding candle has a long lower wick signifying potential reversal to the long side
rapple » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 pm wrote:Hi all

Oracle has opened a sell trade on GPDCAD (25/6). I am using ICMarkets ECN demo

Kind regards Rapple
rdg281
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by rdg281 »

Hi all,

On the 8 major and gold still no trade.
mmmm it does not make many trades indeed :)
Never the less i let it go for a while.

Cheers
Roberto
The winner takes it all :arrrg:
jaggerdam67

Oracle EA

Post by jaggerdam67 »

There is an issue with the "Oracle Move Cross Status". At the moment it seems the EA is taking a trade when the "Oracle Move Cross Status" registers a short/long cross and all the other trade criteria are met. However if the other trade criteria aren't met on the bar upon which the "Oracle Move Cross Status" was activated it seems to be defaulting to "No Cross" after a bar or two. We'll be able to verify this Sunday night by looking at the AUDJPY Daily chart. It's registering "Short Cross" now but is still waiting for the "Oracle Strength" indicator to turn red before taking a trade. It needs to retain the "Long/Short" cross status for several bars, I think 5 or 6 should do it (a configurable box in the EA would be great, so we can see what works best and alter for different pairs), but at the same time not just open a trade because one line is above or below the other and the other trade criteria are met. The original version did this (before Steve kindly rebuilt this EA) and it meant that lots of trades were entered towards the end of a move. The current GBPCAD trade, up 134 pips took because all other criteria were met on the bar when the cross occurred but often this doesn't happen for several bars, hence the lack of trades in the last 10 days.

A better exit strategy than using the ATR multiplier (which is fine for SL but leaving lots of pips on the table for TP) would be an option to exit on either 3 or 4 indicators reversing (counting the oracle direction arrows as two indicators) on the current time frame or a full reversal of all indicators on the next lower (4H) time frame.

Other than that it would be nice to receive just one SMS notification when a trade is entered, rather than about 5 as it is at present. With these amendments we'd see alot more trades and a lot more pips.

We need someone that can make these amendments to Steve's code on the Oracle EA. If anyone can do this or has any contacts that can, please get in touch.

J
cad0811
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by cad0811 »

I was testing H4, is in good condition, thank you
Thank you so much for all the people here!Thank you for your selfless!My growth cannot leave your work!Cheers!
trader689
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by trader689 »

you seem to have a lot of trades for the oracle EA posted here or are you using another one?

also what settings are you using for tco EA? good results so far
cad0811 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:48 pm wrote:I was testing H4, is in good condition, thank you
cad0811
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by cad0811 »

trader689 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:16 am wrote:you seem to have a lot of trades for the oracle EA posted here or are you using another one?

also what settings are you using for tco EA? good results so far
cad0811 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:48 pm wrote:I was testing H4, is in good condition, thank you
I use three different way to trade, cheers!
Thank you so much for all the people here!Thank you for your selfless!My growth cannot leave your work!Cheers!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Oracle EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

Hi Guys

I had a bit of a wobble last week but am back in business here.

V 1a is in post 1. The ea now looks for an Oracle Move cross within the previous LookBackCandlesForCross candles (defaults to 6).

I will start looking at the other stuff tomorrow.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
trader689
Trader

Oracle EA

Post by trader689 »

great stuff steve thanks for getting back on this , first trade GBPCAD short closed in good profit, will load up the new version 1a now entries are fixed :yahoo:

edit: noticed on the original oracle EA there is fibopivots on the template, dont think they are coded in the EA but more used as a visual guide for possible take profits, please see screen attached. i have the indicators, let me know if you think it may be of any use

any thoughts joel?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Oracle EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1b is in post 1. Details in 'Trade exit'. Go birdy if I have missed anything.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”