Dibs method auto trading robot by Steve Hopwood MOD

fx800
Trader

Dibs method auto trading robot by Steve Hopwood MOD

Post by fx800 »

Hi

Can some one please help. I tried to add Rsi trend filter to the above ea, and ended up getting the warning message 'GetRsiTrend' is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file.

The ea in its original form appeared to be not profitable, but I have been forward testing it using H4 TF and using 00.00hr GMT instead of the orignal 06.00hr GMT as opening price, using TP60 BE30+1 and CandleTrailingStop, and found it to be profitable. I am confident that adding Scoob's daily Rsi filter would further improve its performance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

EDIT : the EA which Steve helped to modify (add Rsi filter)is attached below.

The link to the original thread at FF is ]http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?
t=294109

Update 17-4-2012

Added Jjgengis's modification to the ea to prevent stoplevel error.

Update 17-4-2012 @12.20hr UK time

Corrected an error in the above modification to the ea.

Update 18-4-2012 @BST 14.55HR

Fixed issue of "Market 0" on the screen display as per suggestion by Dennis4x.

UPDATE 19-4-2012 @BST 16.06hr

Changed the ea input "stop trading = true" to false to enable ea to send trades. Thanks to Dennis4x.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: Dibs method auto trading robot by Steve Hopwood MOD

Post by SteveHopwood »

Fantastic to see you trying to do this for yourself. Well done.

What you did wrong was to add the Rsi trend-detection code to the ea, but not call it or use the information. I have added this snippet to void SendPendingTrade()

Code: Select all

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
   //STEVE'S ADDITION
   //Is the market trending?
   GetRsiTrend();
   if (RsiTrend == ranging) return;//Not a trending market, so no need to continue
   //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Have fun. You have started to adapt code for your own use. From here it is only a short hop to writing your own code. You will never be sorry that you have started to learn to do this.

Please keep us in touch with how your bot performs; others will want to take advantage if your experiments are successful.

Cheers.

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

SteveHopwood wrote:Fantastic to see you trying to do this for yourself. Well done.

What you did wrong was to add the Rsi trend-detection code to the ea, but not call it or use the information. I have added this snippet to void SendPendingTrade()

Code: Select all

//STEVE'S ADDITION
   //Is the market trending?
   GetRsiTrend();
   if (RsiTrend == ranging) return;//Not a trending market, so no need to continue
Have fun. You have started to adapt code for your own use. From here it is only a short hop to writing your own code. You will never be sorry that you have started to learn to do this.

Please keep us in touch with how your bot performs; others will want to take advantage if your experiments are successful.

Cheers.

Wow, Steve, what a great honour to have the great MAESTRO himself coming to my rescue ! Many thanks. I have started reading the MQL4 book through a link in this forum and trying out DIY cut and paste, learning to edit scripts and simple stuff like that. And what a great forum this is, Steve ! for providing the educational resources to further improve our knowledge and understanding of the forex market.

I will of course post the results of my forward testing here if they confirm my theory that the bot needs a higher TF (H4 instead of H1) and an earlier start (0000hr GMT instead of 0600hr GMT) to work.

Many thanks again !

Best regards,
Peter
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

Nothing to write home about, but the DIBS EA (original version without Rsi trend filter) gained 1.8% of account balance trading 0.2 lots on a $10k opening balance on multiple pairs on H4 TF after the first 24 hours of testing.

The settings are TP 60 BE30+1 candletrailstop part close 0.1. Opening price at 00.00hr GMT.

Results attached. Will post again over the weekend. Will set up a demo with Rsi filter later.

Peter.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx8000 wrote:Nothing to write home about, but the DIBS EA (original version without Rsi trend filter) gained 1.8% of account balance trading 0.2 lots on a $10k opening balance on multiple pairs on H4 TF after the first 24 hours of testing.

The settings are TP 60 BE30+1 candletrailstop part close 0.1. Opening price at 00.00hr GMT.

Results attached. Will post again over the weekend. Will set up a demo with Rsi filter later.

Peter.
Results of DIBS MOD without Rsi filter on Cowboy IBFX : -1.6%
Results of DIBS MOD with Rsi filter on Forex.com : -1.1%

In order to allow the trade room to breathe and prevent SL being triggered prematurely, I have modified the candlesticktrail stop to start after breakeven. I do not know whether the code will work or not but the ea compiled without any errors.

The part close function is not working properly, so I have set part close = 0.

Will post again in a week or two.

Peter
fx800
Trader

Re: Dibs ea MOD with Rsi

Post by fx800 »

The Dibs ea MOD with Rsi made a steady start this trading week with a gain of 1.6% of account balance. It had been 2.9% up early Tuesday before falling back.

The candletrailingstop after breakeven had a positive impact on its performance. Previously the trades get stopped out prematurely before they have a chance to develop.

Results attached below.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx8000 wrote:The Dibs ea MOD with Rsi made a steady start this trading week with a gain of 1.6% of account balance. It had been 2.9% up early Tuesday before falling back.

The candletrailingstop after breakeven had a positive impact on its performance. Previously the trades get stopped out prematurely before they have a chance to develop.

Results attached below.

After a lackluster day yesterday, the ea is still showing a gain of $167 or 1.6% of equity balance.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

fx8000 wrote:
fx8000 wrote:The Dibs ea MOD with Rsi made a steady start this trading week with a gain of 1.6% of account balance. It had been 2.9% up early Tuesday before falling back.

Results attached below.

After a lackluster day yesterday, the ea is still showing a gain of $167 or 1.6% of equity balance.

Account balance currently up 2%.

Also started another demo trading DIBS EA MOD with RSI on H1 TF on multiple pairs, starting balance $10k, lot = 1, TP = 100, part close = 0, BE@30+1, JS30, Candletrailstop after BE.

BTW, I have further modified the DIBS EA to trade irrespective of the day's opening price as follows :
//Define trading direction
DayOpenPrice = ObjectGetValueByShift(todayopenprice, 0);
direction = none;
RefreshRates();
if (TradeLong) direction = up;
if (TradeShort) direction = down;

I am currently testing to use the modified ea to buy from support zones and sell from resistance zones. At support/resistance zones, you often find consolidation, and inside bar is a powerful reversal signal at these areas. This modified ea can be used to trade reversals in these zones.

Will any kind souls (coders) out there please check my modified code to see if it is correct. So far, it appears to be working but has missed some trade set ups.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

The code looks correct to me.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
fx800
Trader

Post by fx800 »

SteveHopwood wrote:The code looks correct to me.

Thank you very much, Steve.

Cheers,
Peter

Return to “Automated trading systems”