Rinse 'n Repeat

WhoKnows
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by WhoKnows »

Asmahan88 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 pm wrote: Hello whoknows,

Who knows what kind of errors if you dont really specify? :(
I have been testing this piece of art since three weeks and it is stunning and no issues whats over , except for the main DD which can be easily solved once you activate the safety filter of MA
I intend to continue more testings and take it further with additional slow chart and MA to see what happens

Green pips to all
RnR is indeed a work of art. Perfect if you have found settings that work for you.
Feel free to share your set-files if they prove to work over a longer term, so others can use them as base to join the search for the best settings.

In my tests with about 10 different RnRs running over two months, the MA filter (with the settings that I tried) did not really help to reduce DD, but it did decrease the results.
The instability that I encountered was mainly related to 'closure of invalid ticket' events. I described these earlier in the thread. This happened more often with some brokers than others. In my tests RnR ran the best (least amount of errors) on a GP account.

Yes RnR is a beautiful piece of work, and time permitting I will run more tests myself.
However my priority has shifted to the Dotty family and CSS2 .
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

WhoKnows » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:31 pm wrote:
RnR is indeed a work of art. Perfect if you have found settings that work for you.
Feel free to share your set-files if they prove to work over a longer term, so others can use them as base to join the search for the best settings.

In my tests with about 10 different RnRs running over two months, the MA filter (with the settings that I tried) did not really help to reduce DD, but it did decrease the results.
The instability that I encountered was mainly related to 'closure of invalid ticket' events. I described these earlier in the thread. This happened more often with some brokers than others. In my tests RnR ran the best (least amount of errors) on a GP account.

Yes RnR is a beautiful piece of work, and time permitting I will run more tests myself.
However my priority has shifted to the Dotty family and CSS2 .
Thanks WhoKnows, :D

Your detailed explained has enriched my knowledge much more , for me I use the defaults with a 10 LWMA / 5M , so far I am satisfied with what I see ,

Hope to hear more about your experience if you decide to resume it.

Green pips to all :jump:
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

paepae » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:49 pm wrote:
Max DD was around 13%, during GBP crash :)
That's better than what I experienced , I reached 17.5% to be exact , I had to open the emergency stop just in case.

But again this proves that our deposits should always be strong enough , GBP is driving every body crazy these days including RnR :lol:

Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

Good Day!

Hope you had a profitable week.

Was a roller coaster for me actually .

RnR still held steady , I even pushed the limit on FRI late US session by having a minibasket of GA+ GJ + EG

No issues and great results of 1.37% ROI ( Demo acct size USD 4K ) , current DD USD 80

Hope to hear from others

Generaal Goudvis
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Generaal Goudvis »

RnR _ alternative settings.png
Hi All,

I want to bring to your attention my RnR alternative settings.

Basically:
- basket hedge profits to 16
- clearbasket to 4
- allow single complex sided offset to false
- allow offsetting to 1
- gridsize of 10

In the end low drawdown, low lotsize, low margin and more tan reasonable profits. As shown in the picture above of my live-account. Top part of the picture is last weeks profit (50 euro profit to 300 euro balance). Lower part of the picture is this months profit (176 euro profit to 300 euro balance)

I have also included my setfile.

I hope we all benefit from this and if you have improvements on theze alternative settings...please let me know.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Blupping

Generaal Goudvis
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

Generaal Goudvis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 pm wrote:
Hi All,

I want to bring to your attention my RnR alternative settings.

Basically:
- basket hedge profits to 16
- clearbasket to 4
- allow single complex sided offset to false
- allow offsetting to 1
- gridsize of 10

In the end low drawdown, low lotsize, low margin and more tan reasonable profits. As shown in the picture above of my live-account. Top part of the picture is last weeks profit (50 euro profit to 300 euro balance). Lower part of the picture is this months profit (176 euro profit to 300 euro balance)

I have also included my setfile.

I hope we all benefit from this and if you have improvements on theze alternative settings...please let me know.

Cheers
Salut Generaal :hi:

Certainly great results but for me I think DD is way to much , above 40% is scary , do you have these settings on two pairs always , may be I try it on a "tame" pair

Thank you so much for sharing .

Green Pips to all :jump:
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

Good day :hi:

October Results, :youknow:

Great month and I wish other RnRers here share their best setups :clap:

Mine was a start with a 3450$ demo account with GJ only OOTB setup , after two GJ crashes I implemented the MA filter and added more pairs , as seen in the picture , I ditched all non movers and kept now my two favourites GJ ( with no MA since two weeks ) & GA and other for the sake of diversification EU (with Generaal Goudvis setfile) , EG

Today also witnessed the second biggest hole but every day I trust this bot more and more ... just waiting for election week and hopefully will launch a real account for it.

Thanks and Green pips to all :jump:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

RnR VS U.S Elections.... :smile:

Space increased to 15 on all pairs just as a precautionary measure , let's see the "steel" of this baby ;)

green pips to all :jump:
Asmahan88
Trader

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by Asmahan88 »

RnR VS Clinton&Trump

Going to the electoral week with RnR armoured by above setting was a good idea and it pulled through with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks & green pips to All :jump:
paepae

Rinse 'n Repeat

Post by paepae »

I have 3 live accounts running OOTB with 0.01 lot per 5k on 3 brokers:
- Two accounts running GBPJPY
- One account running USDJPY

All of them survived the election and recovered with a lot of profit :good:

Return to “Automated trading systems”