EA overwhelming broker's server?

Post by afeudale »

Thank you! That is awesome info to have :clap:
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Your questions stimulated me to do some research and thinking about the problem. I now have a theory that divides the server interactions in two groups:

1. Asking the server about your financial status. Queries like OrderSelect() or AccountBalance() are requests where you ask the broker about your money. This is your right as it is your money. The broker might be forced by legal rules to answer you immediately without any hurdles.

2. Asking the server about the market and possible transactions. This is much more complicated for the broker. It starts with IsTradeAllowed() and ends with Order...(). The broker must check whether it is possible to do a transaction (at least if he is a true ECN as GP). Is the market in orderly condition? Are the LPs online and is liquidity sufficient? Do you have enough margin? Etc etc. This puts real load to the system and I would understand if the broker restricts the number of this request type. At least on demo accounts being a service without compensation for the broker.

I may be completely wrong. Jeremy for sure knows better.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
MathiasJ
Trader

Post by MathiasJ »

Hi!
I had a chat with GP this morning and received the following:

They accept up to 10k messages per day.

A message corresponds to: creating orders, closing orders and modifying orders.

This is good news. So if we make sure not to update SL and TP too often we should normally be fine.

If they experience too much then the IP adress is autoblocked (in demo) for some time, but then the Terminal will also be logged out during that time, so you will see it.

BR
Mathias
afeudale
Trader

Post by afeudale »

MathiasJ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:38 am wrote:Hi!
I had a chat with GP this morning and received the following:

They accept up to 10k messages per day.

A message corresponds to: creating orders, closing orders and modifying orders.

This is good news. So if we make sure not to update SL and TP too often we should normally be fine.

If they experience too much then the IP adress is autoblocked (in demo) for some time, but then the Terminal will also be logged out during that time, so you will see it.

BR
Mathias
GP must have different rules from my broker then...as my Order() calls were very infrequent.

I now believe it was from my IsTradeAllowed() call on every tick and I would be surprised if GP didn't count this as server load/message as well. But who knows, maybe they don't.
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

Yep, we always thought it was order modifications only that counted towards a hyperactive account.

If your account is blocked I can have a look on our end to see where the majority of modifications (or messages) are coming from.

Regards
Jeremy
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
afeudale
Trader

Post by afeudale »

Jemook » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:19 pm wrote:Yep, we always thought it was order modifications only that counted towards a hyperactive account.

If your account is blocked I can have a look on our end to see where the majority of modifications (or messages) are coming from.

Regards
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm with a different broker (Questrade here in Toronto). I used them when I first setup Forex (about 6 months ago), before I found these forums, GlobalPrime, etc. and have been too lazy to switch...but that might change soon!

In any case, they reported that the hyperactivity is gone, so I am now 99% sure it was the IsTradeAllowed() function being run on every tick.
Lazar83
Trader

Post by Lazar83 »

I had a same issue, since i like scalping...to cut the long story short...ea is modifying sl with 5 points move 1 point sl changed ....works great in demo,...but on real its pure raping the trading server. Imagine 20 pairs sending every 10 miliseconds 1000 change instructions in trailing sl . Every broker would go nuts.
afeudale
Trader

Post by afeudale »

My posting rights are limited by Steve, so I can't say much...in any case, I switched to Global Prime.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

afeudale » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:28 pm wrote:My posting rights are limited by Steve, so I can't say much...in any case, I switched to Global Prime.
Good for you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think you are less of an idiot that I did before.

Your posts will continue to be intercepted by moderators. This is different from being banned. The software here does not allow banned former members any access at all - worth bearing in mind folks if you are a dimwit thinking you can cause trouble here whilst still deriving the benefits of membership.

So afeudale, you can continue to post. Mods will continue to read them and pass or reject them. Post intelligently and usefully enough for long enough and you will regain full posting rights.

I am hoping that this post will be widely read to the benefit of all sorts of members.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading systems”