TrendRangeCombo II

TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

One year ago today I started a TrendRangeCombo thread to bring together a few of the EA's we were testing at the time..
TraderJoeForex » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:47 pm wrote:Recently I have focused my attention on trading Range and Trend market conditions independently on the same account with a view to reducing overall draw down and maximizing profit.

Rather than trying to make one EA do the impossible I thought why not find the best for each. After all if we were given the task of putting together the best home sound system we probably wouldn't choose the same brand speakers, amplifier and CD player, we would choose the best brands independently.
..Despite some good testing and refinements TrendRangeCombo never quite hit the headlines because ultimately the system combination was not quite strong enough to overcome some of the weaknesses inherent in the grid EA's being used.

Now life moves on rather quickly at SHF, thanks to the experienced contributors, moderators and of course Steve the fastest coder in the west. In fact I can't believe TrendRangeCombo was a whole year ago!

I believe it is now time to begin a sequel, thanks to HGBnDnSSnFB for trend and Peaky for range and with a much wider D1 ATR grid/recovery system in place compared with the somewhat optimistic 5pip grids we were trying last year.

So allow me to introduce to you TrendRangeCombo II :cheer:

SERIOUS WARNING

Most Forex traders lose all their money.
Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
To trade this robot, you have to understand how to trade HGBnDnSSnFB and Peaky and have read those complete threads.

..carrying on from this post last week then:
TraderJoeForex » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:37 pm wrote: ... promising first week for this combo without any conflicts or errors running two charts per pair. Overall HGBnDnSSnFB is in profit and Peaky in drawdown. The only pair with a trade on both so far is EURGBP and this is hedged perfectly. If both can end up in profit then that is the whole idea and will be awesome!
HGBnDnSSnFB uses D1 Superslope for direction and ignores Sixths.
Peaky uses Sixths and trades back into the range created by a new Peak Hi or Lo

Below are 15 set files for HGBnDnSSnFB and 15 set files for Peaky. These are for the 15 pairs I am testing which are all except NZD and CHF. If you wish to adapt for another pair just change the SL, Grid and JS values in HGBnDnSSnFB and the SL, Recovery and JS values in Peaky. I have matched these to D1 ATR (120 period) for each pair and the PendingTradeBuffePips is 20% of this ATR in Peaky.

So you will need two charts open for each pair you wish to trade:
HGBnDnSSnFB on one and Peaky the other. Both on H1.

HGBnDnSSnFB scales into trades and Peaky recovers:
Each EA can take a maximum of 6 trades and sometimes these will be in the same direction and sometimes hedged so you will need a broker that allows hedging.

Trading action will gradually build up with D1 ATR jumping SL to protect profits. So don't expect to have trades closing every day but a whole month should start to give a decent picture of what this combination can do and I will post my updates each week.

:jump:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Here is an example from last week with EURGBP. I have taken two shots so you can see where Peaky took the sell and HGBnDnSSnFB took the buy which are now hedging each other and also zoomed out to show the grid orders. If price continues higher the JS will kick in shortly to protect the buy in case price reverses or If price just keeps going up HGBnDnSSnFB will have more grid positions filled and Peaky will eventually get some recovery trades filled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finalpremium

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by finalpremium »

Another beast approaching the battlefield :clap: :clap: :clap:
SHF is not safe anymore with all those beasts wandering around :lol: :lol:
rapple
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by rapple »

Inspiring stuff TJF. Following with interest :clap: :clap: :clap:
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

A random windows upgrade has locked me out of this demo account - my fault for not screenshotting the login details like I usually do doh! :arrrg:

I will restart this for next week, hey ho at least it was only the first week!
vsmakkal
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by vsmakkal »

Hi TJF, thanks for all that u do here at SHF. used to happen to me and it is frustrating and very scary if its going to be a live acct and u are not near your PC. In windows 10, u dont have the option of turning it off using simple methods. below is a method i use to turn it off. Please do it after your own risk assessment.

BUT PLEASE, PLEASE DO THE REVERSE AND UPDATE YOUR PC OVER THE WEEKEND.. THE THREAT OF RANSOMWARE an all other viruses IS OUT THERE AND U NEED TO UPDATE YOUR PC REGULARLY..I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Turn off Windows Updates in Windows 10
You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

But since Windows is a Service now onwards, you have to keep your computer updated. To be able to install the next set of features or a newer build, you will require the earlier updates to be installed. That’s why if you use the above workaround, you will have to go to the Services and turn it on once in a while to download and update your copy of Windows.
After you turn on the Windows Update service, when you open Windows Update in PC Settings, you will see a message that updates were not installed because computer was stopped. You will have to click on Retry so that all the available updates are downloaded and installed. This may take two or three “Check for Updates”. You will have to keep on clicking “Check for updates” until it says your computer is up to date. Then you can go back and turn off the Windows Update service until next time you feel you are free enough to spend time updating your copy of Windows 10.

From <http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off- ... windows-10>

Hope this helps, but do please keep your PC updated.. and do run your windows defender/ antivirus software after updating..

Sara
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

vsmakkal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:20 am wrote:Hi TJF, thanks for all that u do here at SHF. used to happen to me and it is frustrating and very scary if its going to be a live acct and u are not near your PC. In windows 10, u dont have the option of turning it off using simple methods. below is a method i use to turn it off. Please do it after your own risk assessment.

BUT PLEASE, PLEASE DO THE REVERSE AND UPDATE YOUR PC OVER THE WEEKEND.. THE THREAT OF RANSOMWARE an all other viruses IS OUT THERE AND U NEED TO UPDATE YOUR PC REGULARLY..I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Turn off Windows Updates in Windows 10
You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

But since Windows is a Service now onwards, you have to keep your computer updated. To be able to install the next set of features or a newer build, you will require the earlier updates to be installed. That’s why if you use the above workaround, you will have to go to the Services and turn it on once in a while to download and update your copy of Windows.
After you turn on the Windows Update service, when you open Windows Update in PC Settings, you will see a message that updates were not installed because computer was stopped. You will have to click on Retry so that all the available updates are downloaded and installed. This may take two or three “Check for Updates”. You will have to keep on clicking “Check for updates” until it says your computer is up to date. Then you can go back and turn off the Windows Update service until next time you feel you are free enough to spend time updating your copy of Windows 10.

From <http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off- ... windows-10>

Hope this helps, but do please keep your PC updated.. and do run your windows defender/ antivirus software after updating..

Sara
Thanks Sara, yes that is a helpful reminder. It's only a few of my demo accounts... I have two laptops running 24/5 for them (one windows10 and one still on XP which never a problem!) and keep live on VPS.

Cheers!
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

I've setup a new account and have decided to run this on H4 now rather than H1 so here are my new set files. It will make a good comparison for anyone already testing the H1 sets I posted above.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

TraderJoeForex » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm wrote: here are my new set files.

First few Peaky trades filled and I realized I had left FollowAdverseMarketWithStopOrders false by mistake so anyone that downloaded these H4 sets will need to turn it to true as below for the recovery to work.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

TrendRangeCombo II

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Here's 1st week results for H4:

HGBnDnSSnFB only opened on one pair and 1st trade went to SL!
Since the market went the other way Peaky has some nice trades which are still going so will be good to see how these develop next week.

Return to “Automated trading systems”