TC Revisited, sliced

tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.

Hi @all.

The attached EA is a little modified version of http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=5&t=5367.

Steve mentioned that TCR would best be traded a few hours into London session and probably into New York session. I have added an input at the end of the General Inputs and some code to close all trades after a trading session has ended. The session times are defined by the inputs under Trading hours and Inputs applied to individual days.

The EA also now runs timer-driven instead of tick-driven to lower the cpu footprint.

There is a tool that helps tremendously in analyzing which entry and exit times offer the best profit probabilities. You can download it from here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 75#p159303

UPDATE 2018-02-17

New version with the the following changes:

1) Fixed a bug that caused the bot to send wrong initial trades sometimes. The bot could not show its full potential. We will see if results get better now.

2) Added an option UseDistanceAsATRPercent at the top of the inputs. If you enable that, DistanceToOpenPips and DistanceToClosePips change their meaning from "fixed pips" to "percentage of ATR". The distances are then calculated as percentage of a daily ATR(14).

3) There is a coordinated testing project at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 105&t=5394 and we implemented our latest technology: Every time a trade is fired, we write a little json-formatted file that contains all EA settings we are interested in. At the end of the week, these informations are uploaded to the database together with the trade informations. Then those files get deleted. Now it is very simple to upload the data. Just input your nick and your key. Of course this feature can be turned off, if one doesnt want to participate in the testing project. The input WriteFileForTestDatabase can be found at the end of the general inputs.

4) The prior input tradingHours got replaced by tradingStartHour and tradingEndHour for ease of input and to avoid multiple time slots in one chart.

The new additional WriteT2M4TCR.mqh file goes to MQL4\Include.

UPDATE 2018-02-25

EA is now able to write the following settings to the database:
* TradingTimeFrame - default M5 instead of 0
* tradingStartHour - default 0
* tradingEndHour - default 0
* DistanceToOpenPips - default 20
* DistanceToClosePips - default 15
* UseDistanceAsATRPercent - default false

The trading hours inputs have been moved to the first block and the day specific time settings have gone. They were confusing and not needed. Maybe they come back some time as server related times.

Please load the default settings and then make your changes again. A script for copying your settings to all charts of the terminal (without XAUUSD charts) is also attached.

The new additional WriteT2M4TCRS.mqh file goes to MQL4\Include. The old WriteT2M4TCR.mqh file is no longer needed.

UPDATE 2018-03-03

The EA is now able to write EVERY setting to the database. The .mqh file is no longer needed. This is achieved by writing a template file at every initialization of the EA.

Please dont delete any templates having a lenthy name starting with "ZZT2MTPL...". They get automatically deleted after database upload.

UPDATE 2018-03-03

This update addresses the situation that some testers have loaded different EAs and or/settings on the same account/terminal against our advice. We will handle this by the magic numbers.

This update is mandatory for everyone with more than one EA and/or setup in the same account. And it is indispensable to make them distinguishable by different magic numbers.

Have fun.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Wavegarrick
Trader

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by Wavegarrick »

It is is nice to see you take over the reigns Thomas as per Steve's suggestion. :good:

Loaded and testing.

Cheers
Leon
tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

I am testing it since Monday. London session (starting at 10.00 GP server time) looks encouraging. Let us find out when to stop trading.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by SteveHopwood »

Fantastic stuff Thomas. Thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the hourly tradings stats tool. Firstly, Radar and Thomas for enhancing it.

I have started analyzing my trades on GbpJpy and some very good stats coming out of it.

From the attached chart you can see that I start trading between 4h00 and 5h00, between 6h00 and 7h00 hours my time when the sun comes up on the horizon and the Lions stop roaring :) . My broker time is Gmt+0.
I am fortunate enough to have 3 hours of the Tokyo session and judging from this it is also my most profitable up to an hour after London open. Judging on my stats today I can probably set my trade time between 4h00 and 10h00 and close all, The lull is from 10h00 to 13h00 New york open. So far NY open has provided a nice bit of profitable trades in the first hour but seems to be slowing down. Anyway my trading day is not over yet and I have 3hours left in my trading day.

I am going to take a chart screen shot at the end of each day for the next week and some to get a realistic picture of the session times.

I am happy to say that my day on TC Revisited sliced is sitting on 338 pips for the day.

Good luck with Nfp.

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

Hi @all

Obviously this bot has legs. They may be as short as my (Chihuahua mix) doggy ones, but he can also run as fast as her. And that is fast.

:smile:

All tests are OOTB on M5 as not otherwise stated.
My usual 10 pairs are AU, EG, EJ, EU, GJ, GU, NU, UCAD, UCHF, UJ.

In one instance, I had the bot running 24/5 to gather some data for statistical analysis. The specific tool can be found here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 75#p159303

So here are the results:
11.png
Looking at the first table, you can see how successful trades had been that were opened in a specific hour. There are clearly two interesting slots to start trading. At 4:00 (Japan session) and at 10:00 (London session). All are server times. European session looks very mixed and I can tell you, this bot doesnt like it. I tried it on demo and produced only losses.

Looking at above table 2 (showing the average UPL change) and 3 (showing the accumulated UPL) you can see, that the Japan session is running good until 9:00 and the London session until 12:00 or 14:00.

Now lets have a look at the demo I had running with the London session from 10:00 to 16:00 this week.

Chart and data:
12.png
13.png
The chart clearly shows that I should have finished the sessions earlier than 16:00. Nearly all slots give money back at the end. Looking at the data, 12:00 and also 14:00 might be good times to stop trading the London session.

I will refine my tests on both sessions in the coming week.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

Starting from tonight there will be some demos running on different time slots. They all run OOTB on my usual 10 pairs (see post above).

Other traders and I have already set up demos for the following time slots (server time, 5 candle broker):

0-1
0-5
3-6
4-6
4-8
5-9
8-13
9-13
10-12
10-13
10-14
10-15
11-13
11-14
14-16
15-17
15-18
15-20
16-18
17-3

If you want to be part of this experiment, pick slots that are not already listed and set up a separate demo for each slot. Set up your demo OOTB on M5 with my 10 pairs. We will compare results at the end of the week.

Exact results will only be shared among those contributing and certain valuable members. Lurkers will have to do their own tests.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing.

Results will only be shared among those contributing. Lurkers, do your own tests.

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

firewight
Trader

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by firewight »

I'd be happy setup a few demos for testing purposes in the interest of testing as many variables as possible.

If you would like to nominate 3 unique time periods I'll set them up to your spec.

Cheers!

FW
tomele
Administrator

TC Revisited, sliced

Post by tomele »

Hi FW.

Thanks, much appreciated. The time around start of New York session is a little bit under-represented. How about 14-16, 15-17, 15-18 ?

Cheers, Thomas

(Mark Twain)

Return to “Automated trading systems”