DIY for beginners

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

DIY for beginners

Post by SteveHopwood »

I often include details of an update and the relevant code so that members can edit their own files and so keep any changes they have made - especially to 'hard coded' inputs.

This will be foreign to many of you. The attached .pdf is a step by step guide in code-updating DIY.

The version of Desky is the source code for you to use to work your way through the examples in the guide.

Have fun.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
thomasmore
Trader

DIY for beginners

Post by thomasmore »

Steve,
Thanks for this manual, I learned a lot !
cheers,
thomasmore
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

DIY for beginners

Post by SteveHopwood »

thomasmore » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 pm wrote:Steve,
Thanks for this manual, I learned a lot !
cheers,
thomasmore
You are most welcome.

I used to be of the opinion that traders should also be coders. I no longer think this now that we have TDesk and Desky.

Even so, knowing how to make the most basic of edits will still be helpful.

Just for your interest, knowing what is the meaning of, "extern" was the very first thingy I figured out more than a decade ago.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
vsmakkal
Trader

DIY for beginners

Post by vsmakkal »

:clap: :clap: Thanks for sharing your knowledge.. again and again, Steve.. Much appreciated as always..

Sara
SilverTrader
Trader

DIY for beginners

Post by SilverTrader »

As a trader that feels he is too old to learn to code this will be invaluable, thank you Steve. :good:
Kind Regards
Wayne

Never look down on a person, unless you plan to help him up!

Return to “Automated trading systems”