Ghostrider

highwise
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by highwise »

Hi,

i think he's using divergence between price and OsMA. Higher close but lower Osma is a sell... confirmed by supdem and swing indicator.

Regards
Tom
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks for your help folks. V 1a with OsMA added is in post 1. I have gone with the OsMA that comes with Empty4. The inputs are underneath the LTF SupDem.

There is an oddity here. The indi only has three inputs yet the code call demands an applied price, so I have gone with the closing price.

I have not updated the user guide in case you people want something more sophisticated than what I have coded, which is:
  • Only sell when OsMA is < 0
  • Only buy when OsMA is > 0
Let me know if you want this amending; it is easy to do.

I have updated the template in the zip file.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:25 am wrote:Thanks for your help folks. V 1a with OsMA added is in post 1. I have gone with the OsMA that comes with Empty4. The inputs are underneath the LTF SupDem.

There is an oddity here. The indi only has three inputs yet the code call demands an applied price, so I have gone with the closing price.

I have not updated the user guide in case you people want something more sophisticated than what I have coded, which is:
  • Only sell when OsMA is < 0
  • Only buy when OsMA is > 0
Let me know if you want this amending; it is easy to do.

I have updated the template in the zip file.

Excellent job as always Steve :clap: :clap:

Currently testing it now.

PS. The GBPUSD 4Hour image I showed previously, if you entered on the Osma crossing zero you would be sitting on 80 pips currently.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1b is in post 1. I have added SuperTrend into the mix and enabled sending data to the FxTestify database.

I have updated the user guide and chart template in the zip file.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

I forgot to include the EA when I updated the chart template with SuperTrend, so make sure your charts do have the bot running.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

I made a mistake with the EA template folks. I received this a few minutes ago:
Hi Steve,
I have one question about SupDem and the lower timeframe. From my understanding the input forcetimeframe=0 means it´s using the chart time frame, right? If so, then I couldn´t find any setfiles or templates which tell SupDem to use the M60 timeframe.
Or did I understand something wrong?
Greetings,
Maximilian
Max is correct. You need to set forcetimeframe to whatever time frame you want it running on, otherwise all it does is repeat what shved is already doing.

Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Hi Steve,
He also uses volume after the swing as a trigger confirmation. Not sure if this could help.

Thank you very much for your great efforts.

Pipstubborn
SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Pipstubborn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:49 pm wrote:Hi Steve,
He also uses volume after the swing as a trigger confirmation. Not sure if this could help.

Thank you very much for your great efforts.

Pipstubborn
Easy enough to add. Only trade when the volume of ticks shift 1 is > shift 2?

littlereddot

Ghostrider

Post by littlereddot »

The attachment explains how Ghostrider analyses divergence. Is it feasible to incorporate this into the EA? My coding skills are not good enough to do this on my own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
opita
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by opita »

I'm not so sure adding more filters (indicators) is going to help make the indicator more profitable... but I guess having the option is not such a bad thing.

So far slow start (4 trades) with the new setup on H4/H1 including OSMA and excluding Supertrend on my end... 3 out of 4 are profitable :jump:

--------------

Steve,

If you don't mind and are still running the original Ghostrider EA, would you mind sharing your results at the end of the week? Possibly sharing the investor account details like you did for the TMMD EA. At least personally it helps understand any variances from my setup and compare to optimizing settings.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita

Return to “Automated trading systems”