Ghostrider

r1ch4rd
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by r1ch4rd »

Hi Steve :hi:
My input if I may.
I have watched several recordings of Sam Seiden who is the first trader I came across who traded Supply and Demand. One of his rules is to only trade short at the top and long at the bottom of a higher TF curve. It may be worth thinking about adding Peak high and low indi to one of the inputs with TF Choice to filter us out of the middle. :idea:
Or as an after thought, Sixths SQ. :)

Thank you for your continued selfless sharing of your hard work Steve, et al.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

r1ch4rd » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 pm wrote:Hi Steve :hi:
My input if I may.
I have watched several recordings of Sam Seiden who is the first trader I came across who traded Supply and Demand. One of his rules is to only trade short at the top and long at the bottom of a higher TF curve. It may be worth thinking about adding Peak high and low indi to one of the inputs with TF Choice to filter us out of the middle. :idea:

Excellent idea and one I should have thought of myself. 'twill be done.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
r1ch4rd
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by r1ch4rd »

:good:
SteveHopwood » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm wrote:
r1ch4rd » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 pm wrote:Hi Steve :hi:
My input if I may.

Excellent idea and one I should have thought of myself. 'twill be done.

DavidB
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by DavidB »

littlereddot » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm wrote:The attachment explains how Ghostrider analyses divergence. Is it feasible to incorporate this into the EA? My coding skills are not good enough to do this on my own.
Not exactly. Ghostrider (Mark) looks for bar-to-bar divergences between price and oscillator (in bar / histogram mode). When OSMA is positive, look for bar-to-bar divergence with the highs of the corresponding price bars. In this case, a divergence or hidden divergence is bearish. When OSMA is negative, look for divergences with the lows of the corresponding price bars. These (hidden) divergences are bullish. Needless to say for a double divergence to be a valid entry, they must occur on both trading time frame and LTF, and within a "double" S/R zone. A "double' bar-to-bar divergence is an early entry. If no divergence occurs, the OSMA crossover is a late entry.

It would be interesting to experiment with these bar-to-bar divergences. However, the original entry method from Steve, where the EA waits for a ZZ within the trading TF, within a "double" S/R zone, has been performing very well in my testing so far with entry accuracy >90% and might well be the earliest possible entry. This is based on (just) 5 trades, all winners, but still early days. So IMHO bar-to-bar divergence entry would be an interesting feature as long as it remains optional.

David
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

Hey Steve,

Would it be possible to calculate the Osma based on the previous 2 candle close, seems to make for better entries.. see the image below. Osma is above the 0 point but trending down as per the previous to candles. Also makes a for a decent exit as well.
entry_osma.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:28 am wrote:Hey Steve,

Would it be possible to calculate the Osma based on the previous 2 candle close, seems to make for better entries.. see the image below. Osma is above the 0 point but trending down as per the previous to candles. Also makes a for a decent exit as well.
Yes. I added Peaky yesterday and will add this today.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1c is in post 1.

I have added Wally's request so there are two new inputs:
  • UseAbsoluteValues:
    • Buy only when OsMA is > 0.
    • Sell only when OsMA is < 0.
    UseTrendingValues: the value of OsMA is irrelevant here. Instead it is the direction of movement that matters.
    • Go long only when OsMA is rising i.e. one bar ago closed higher than two bars ago.
    • Go short only when OsMA is falling i.e. one bar ago closed lower than two bars ago.
I have also added the ability to use the Volume indi that comes with Empty4.

It is the EA that causes the rectangles to fill with a solid colour. Remove the EA and the colours disappear. You (or at least, I) have to change time frames to bring back shved. Anyone who can find the reason for this would be doing us all a huge favour.

wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

Absolutely brilliant as always Steve, you are a superstar!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will get this new version locked and loaded for some tests this week :smile:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Wally has just pm'd with one of my famous copy/paste/forgot to edit bloops. Fixed in post 1.

A DIY could not be easier. Do a search for:
osmaVal2 = getOsMA(Symbol(), OsMaTimeFrame, shift);

Replace it with:
osmaVal2 = getOsMA(Symbol(), OsMaTimeFrame, shift + 1);

Thanks Wally. :clap: :clap: :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Folks, I am posting this here as I reckon that most of you are reading this thread.

I have emptied my PM inbox tonight. Sorry if this means that I never got around to replying to your pm. Send it again if it was helpful. Fear my reaction if not. Best to think twice before sending again.

Just bear in mind that there are a lot of you and only one of me. I get overwhelmed from time to time. Like now.

Return to “Automated trading systems”