Ghostrider

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
    • Swing trading.
    • ZigZag
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

Cast your jaundiced eyes over this folks, with the EA running for its first week:
XAUUSDH4.png
The EA is inspired by a link to a YouTube video by Ghostrider, brought to my attention by c1borg. The money management part pf the system is based on the cut-your-losers-short and let-your-winners-run. The larger losers in the pic occurred before I got the stop loss calculations correct and I had to close them manually. Ghostrider's principle can be summed up by: "When a trade is wrong, it is wrong, so cut it short."

The details are all in the user guide, so read this first and view the YouTube video before going any further.

:xm: :rocket:

Some accounts for you to follow if you are short of demo space.
All are using the D1 higher time frame Swing_ZZ for the overall trading decision. None of the optional indi's are enabled. The first three have an open balance of US $20,000 and are trading 0.2 lot sizes.

Login: 2205351
Investor: ukh5ycm
M15 for trading, M5 SupDem
Grid 5, spaced 5 pips apart.

Login: 2205356
Investor: 2djiusd
H1 for trading, M30 SupDem
Grid 5, spaced 15 pips apart.

Login: 2205359
Investor: kdj7gws
H4 for trading, H1 SupDem
Grid 5, spaced 30 pips apart.

This one is the same as the M15 trader, but with a US $1,000 starting balance and trading 0.01 lots.
Login: 2205368
Investor: he3gbdr
M15 for trading, M5 SupDem
Grid 5, spaced 5 pips apart.

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Wavegarrick »

I really like the interview from Ivan with Ghostrider. Opened my eyes to a lot more things. :good:

Thanks Steve and C1Borg for bringing this to us.

Cheers
Leon
trader689
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by trader689 »

Hey Steve

Just wanted to second what Leon just said, and many thanks for the upload. Looks like it has the chops to take on the markets :)

trader
billgreen3

Ghostrider

Post by billgreen3 »

First post here. I'm thrilled to see this. This is precisely how I trade. I was a licensed "stock broker" in the US for 10 years. Been trading "professionally" for last six. You guys are kings! I found this site six months ago and have probably surpassed 200 hours in reading at this point. I am sooooo grateful for everyone's hard work. Excellent work, everyone!
Bill
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

Hi Bill, welcome aboard! Nice to see you here :hi:

And Steve, well done as usual, absolutely brilliant stuff!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
r1ch4rd
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by r1ch4rd »

Great stuff Steve thank you.
On demo. :good:
Let’s see how this bad boy preforms.
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

Hey Steve,

Just wondering if it may be possible to add in code for the OSMA indicator that Ghostrider uses in his setups. Have noticed a few losing trades that have occurred on the wrong side of the OSMA indicator, it might be a useful little addition if it's not too hard to code in...

Cheers Wally.
opita
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by opita »

Very interesting EA, thanks for sharing.

Crazy how easy you make it for all of us to test with the ZIP files that contains all you need. Thanks for that!

Interesting that the worst loser in your screenshot is a CAD pair. Ghostrider does mention that he doesn't trade CAD pairs because he usually loses with them.

Personally venturing with an H4 htf and H1 ltf. I will share how it goes. Hopefully, others will share their progress with H4.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:31 am wrote:Hey Steve,

Just wondering if it may be possible to add in code for the OSMA indicator that Ghostrider uses in his setups. Have noticed a few losing trades that have occurred on the wrong side of the OSMA indicator, it might be a useful little addition if it's not too hard to code in...

Cheers Wally.
Easy to code in once I know how to use it. I didn't understand what Ghostrider was saying about it in the video.

Clear up my confusion and I will add the indi into the mix.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

SteveHopwood » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:41 am wrote:
wallywonka » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:31 am wrote:Hey Steve,

Cheers Wally.
Easy to code in once I know how to use it. I didn't understand what Ghostrider was saying about it in the video.

Clear up my confusion and I will add the indi into the mix.

Steve, the way I heard him explain it in an example during the video and the reason for the white arrows on his charts is to show the OMSA crossing the zero point and that indicates an entry position following the Swing.

Below is an example of GPPUSD 4 hour chart, you can see the OSMA is just about to cross the zero point now after the swing high, potentially a perfect entry about to happen. Also you can see the earlier stop loss that was against the OSMA.
entry.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”