Ghostrider

Maximilian
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Maximilian »

Hi Steve,
I also noticed, how profits just turned into the red. So here I have some suggestions:
It would be nice to have a ATR take profit / stop loss option and to set individual TP/ SL for the grid.

Also for the grid:
The initial stop loss of the first order should be as usal determinded by the ZZ or the zone, but we also need to calculate the distance in pips. Once Bid reaches the first grid order, the first trade should be set to break even (+ x amount profit pips, already possible because oft the break even function) The first grid order should get then the SL in pips calculated above. So we still have the same risk of loosing as before. Once the next grid trade gets triggered, SL of the initial trade could jump to the first grid level and the first grid trade would be set to break even. So this repeats as long as the grid lasts, we reach a final take profit or get stopped out by price or opposite signal.

I hope my thoughts make sense,
Cheers Maximilian
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maximilian » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:53 pm wrote:Hi Steve,
I also noticed, how profits just turned into the red. So here I have some suggestions:
It would be nice to have a ATR take profit / stop loss option and to set individual TP/ SL for the grid.

Also for the grid:
The initial stop loss of the first order should be as usal determinded by the ZZ or the zone, but we also need to calculate the distance in pips. Once Bid reaches the first grid order, the first trade should be set to break even (+ x amount profit pips, already possible because oft the break even function) The first grid order should get then the SL in pips calculated above. So we still have the same risk of loosing as before. Once the next grid trade gets triggered, SL of the initial trade could jump to the first grid level and the first grid trade would be set to break even. So this repeats as long as the grid lasts, we reach a final take profit or get stopped out by price or opposite signal.

I hope my thoughts make sense,
Cheers Maximilian
They sure do. Thanks.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1d is in post 1.

I have added the ATR take profit and Maximilian's excellent idea of what I have called a complex breakeven stop loss. This was not easy to code so there will probably be bugs.

Expert bloop spotters, follow these line numbers:
  • 216 for the externs.
  • 223/4 for the arrays I declared to hold ticket numbers.
  • 3423 for resizing the arrays and declaring a counter.
  • 3502 for populating the buy ticket array
  • 3547 for populating the sell ticket array
  • 3783 for sorting the arrays. We need the highest buy ticket and lowest sell ticket as the final accessible element in the array, hence the sorting direction.
  • 5411 calls the function that make the adjustments to the stop losses.
  • 5098 is the function.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Maximilian
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Maximilian »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you, Steve.
I tested the older version and I got it without gridtrading to more or less breakeven. But nothing fancy. Let´s see how this one goes.

Cheers Maximilian
Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Hi Steve,

Tried to send you a PM but the system didn't allow me,
Cheers
Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Hi Steve,
Tried to send you a PM but the system does not allow me. Cheers
Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Hi Steve,
Tried to send you a PM but the system does not allow me. Cheers
Maximilian
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Maximilian »

Hi Steve,

2020.12.07 13:53:00.930 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Ghostrider 164086440 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 0: no error
2020.12.07 13:53:00.969 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Alert: Ghostrider 164086487 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 4202: object does not exist

Here what happened in detail:
market sell order gets the SL above the ZZ
1st grid order got hit and also got the SL also above the ZZ
2nd, 3rd, 4th and orders got triggered and their SLs are at the BE level of the 1st grid.

In summary I thinkt the BE function didn´t move the SL to their levels and propably therefore the SLs did not move either.
But I wonder what caused the 1st grid order having the same SL as the market order...

I think it would be usefull to set individual SL and TP for the grid and to have an option to set the grid trade SLs in the same distance relative to the market order SL above the ZZ or shved.

Anyway: thank you Steve for implementing this ideas so far. :hi: :clap:

By the way there´s a typo in the guide at the complex Break Even section:

Trade 2 fills.
• The stop loss of trade 1 is moved to breakeven plus a few. Trade 1 has
the same stop loss, so both will close at the same price.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.
• The stop loss of trade 1 is moved to breakeven plus a few. Trade 2 has

Cheers,
Maximilian
SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maximilian » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:50 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

2020.12.07 13:53:00.930 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Ghostrider 164086440 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 0: no error
2020.12.07 13:53:00.969 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Alert: Ghostrider 164086487 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 4202: object does not exist

2nd, 3rd, 4th and orders got triggered and their SLs are at the BE level of the 1st grid.

In summary I thinkt the BE function didn´t move the SL to their levels and propably therefore the SLs did not move either.
But I wonder what caused the 1st grid order having the same SL as the market order...

I think it would be usefull to set individual SL and TP for the grid and to have an option to set the grid trade SLs in the same distance relative to the market order SL above the ZZ or shved.

Trade 2 fills.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.

Cheers,
Maximilian
Thanks for pointing out the typo in the guide.

As to the rest, I am not surprised there are bugs. It took me so long to code it because I could not work out what to code.. I will try to fix it this week, but no guarantees.

Incidentally folks, NIghtmarehost are still causing problems with the site. They are driving Tommaso nuts. What happened was this: Nightmarehost migrated us to a new server; they fucked up the migration; they are continuing to be bloody useless.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maximilian » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:50 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

Trade 2 fills.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.

Cheers,
Maximilian
Thanks for pointing out the typo in the guide.

As to the rest, I am not surprised there are bugs. It took me so long to code it because I could not work out what to code.. I will try to fix it this week, but no guarantees.

Incidentally folks, NIghtmarehost are still causing problems with the site. They are driving Tommaso nuts. What happened was this: Nightmarehost migrated us to a new server; they fucked up the migration; they are continuing to be bloody useless.

Return to “Automated trading systems”