Ghostrider

Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Got it ! Steve :)

Pipstubborn » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:32 pm wrote:
Hi Wally,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong Just got one trade in the whole week, AUDUSD (in profit).
Would you mind to share your PRESET FILE with the new version V1 h?

Thanks in advance,
Pipstubborn
This one is not a trading tart. If the ducks don't line up, they don't line up.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1j is in post 1.

Wally came up with another fabulous idea. Place the stop loss at the hilo of the swing candle that generated the trade.

I have moved the trade exits to their own section, just below the 'Trade types' section. I have made use of the rectangles or swing candle explicit with 'Usexxx' inputs and included inputs so you can chose how many pips away to place the SL. Details in the user guide but I think the inputs will be obvious.

I have added another input to the 'Trading time frame ZZ' section - CloseTradeOnOppositeZZ. This will close a buy following a swing high and a sell following a swing low.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

live_ghostrider.jpg
Not too bad for the first week on a live account. :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

wallywonka » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:33 am wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

DavidB
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by DavidB »

wallywonka » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 am wrote:
Very nice results! I've been testing with various settings without much success and was close to giving up. Could you share some hints on how you trade the strategy please?

David
r1ch4rd
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by r1ch4rd »

Please could you share your set file Wally
My test results haven't been anywhere near as good as yours. :arrrg:
Maximilian
Trader

SupDem

Post by Maximilian »

Hi,
because I was annoyed of having to change the timeframe for Supdem every time I changed the chartTF, I modified SupDem to show automatically the boxes of one TF lower to the current TF of the chart.
I tested the indie for a while now and it´s working fine so far. I´m trying to develop slowly my programming skills, so there are propably more elegant ways of programming the indie. But hey, it´s working ;)
So some might find this useful for trying different kind of timeframes for Ghostrider or manual trading.
Cheers Maximilian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wallywonka
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by wallywonka »

r1ch4rd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 pm wrote:

Please could you share your set file Wally
My test results haven't been anywhere near as good as yours. :arrrg:
I'm still tweaking and testing, when I have something that I am 100% confident in I will share it here. I am testing on 4HR timeframe only. I can say this week so far has not been so good thus far.
wallywonka
Trader

SupDem

Post by wallywonka »

Maximilian » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:41 pm wrote:Hi,
because I was annoyed of having to change the timeframe for Supdem every time I changed the chartTF, I modified SupDem to show automatically the boxes of one TF lower to the current TF of the chart.
I tested the indie for a while now and it´s working fine so far. I´m trying to develop slowly my programming skills, so there are propably more elegant ways of programming the indie. But hey, it´s working ;)
So some might find this useful for trying different kind of timeframes for Ghostrider or manual trading.
Cheers Maximilian.
Excellent job Max and good on you for getting in there and making it work, well done! :clap: :clap:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Ghostrider has morphed, folks. He is substantially different so we are back to listing it as Version 1.

c1borg gave me a couple of extra tips and I have added these to the new version. You will find full details in the updated user guide but to summarise:
  • Only take 'confirmed' ZZ swings i.e. dots that remained in place at the close of two bars ago.
  • Then the candle following the ZZ signal comes into play:
    • Buy trade following a ZZ swing low: candle must have risen and closed higher than 50% above its low.
    • Sell trade following a ZZ swing high: candle must have fallen and closed lower than 50% below its high.
I give examples of the candle thingy in the user guide.

These trades can travel a long distance, so grid trading makes sense to me. I have introduced it into Ghostrider. The inputs are just below the Volumes inputs. Coders will see that all the usual inputs from Trendy, SPB et al are there but mostly hidden. This is so we can easily call them into play if wanted.

Dump your previous versions folks and restart your demos.

:xm: :rocket:

Return to “Automated trading systems”