Ghostrider

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maximilian » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:50 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

2020.12.07 13:53:00.930 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Ghostrider 164086440 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 0: no error
2020.12.07 13:53:00.969 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Alert: Ghostrider 164086487 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 4202: object does not exist

Here what happened in detail:
market sell order gets the SL above the ZZ
1st grid order got hit and also got the SL also above the ZZ
2nd, 3rd, 4th and orders got triggered and their SLs are at the BE level of the 1st grid.

In summary I thinkt the BE function didn´t move the SL to their levels and propably therefore the SLs did not move either.
But I wonder what caused the 1st grid order having the same SL as the market order...

I think it would be usefull to set individual SL and TP for the grid and to have an option to set the grid trade SLs in the same distance relative to the market order SL above the ZZ or shved.

Anyway: thank you Steve for implementing this ideas so far. :hi: :clap:

By the way there´s a typo in the guide at the complex Break Even section:

Trade 2 fills.
• The stop loss of trade 1 is moved to breakeven plus a few. Trade 1 has
the same stop loss, so both will close at the same price.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.
• The stop loss of trade 1 is moved to breakeven plus a few. Trade 2 has

Cheers,
Maximilian
Thanks for pointing out the typo in the guide.

As to the rest, I am not surprised there are bugs. It took me so long to code it because I could not work out what to code.. I will try to fix it this week, but no guarantees.

Incidentally folks, NIghtmarehost are still causing problems with the site. They are driving Tommaso nuts. What happened was this: Nightmarehost migrated us to a new server; they fucked up the migration; they are continuing to be bloody useless.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

2020.12.07 13:53:00.930 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Ghostrider 164086440 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 0: no error
2020.12.07 13:53:00.969 Ghostrider EURAUD,H1: Alert: Ghostrider 164086487 ModifyOrder() stop loss < market 4202: object does not exist

2nd, 3rd, 4th and orders got triggered and their SLs are at the BE level of the 1st grid.

In summary I thinkt the BE function didn´t move the SL to their levels and propably therefore the SLs did not move either.
But I wonder what caused the 1st grid order having the same SL as the market order...

I think it would be usefull to set individual SL and TP for the grid and to have an option to set the grid trade SLs in the same distance relative to the market order SL above the ZZ or shved.

Trade 2 fills.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.

Cheers,
Maximilian

As to the rest, I am not surprised there are bugs. It took me so long to code it because I could not work out what to code.. I will try to fix it this week, but no guarantees.

Incidentally folks, NIghtmarehost are still causing problems with the site. They are driving Tommaso nuts. What happened was this: Nightmarehost migrated us to a new server; they fucked up the migration; they are continuing to be bloody useless.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

I tried to delete my repeated posts but couldn't.

Sorry, Pipstubborn
milanese
TechAdmin

Ghostrider

Post by milanese »

Pipstubborn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:40 am wrote:I tried to delete my repeated posts but couldn't.

Sorry, Pipstubborn
The problem should be resolved
SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Trade 2 fills.

Should be:
Trade 2 fills.

Cheers,
Maximilian

SteveHopwood
Owner

Ghostrider

Post by SteveHopwood »

Today is a fabulous and emotional day here in the UK. The first post-trials, approved, vaccines went into arms today.

The end of this virus is several months away. There will be more frustrating interruptions to kids' education to come.

The end if it is in sight, for the first time in ten long months.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

milanese
TechAdmin

Ghostrider

Post by milanese »

SteveHopwood » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 pm wrote:Today is a fabulous and emotional day here in the UK. The first post-trials, approved, vaccines went into arms today.

The end of this virus is several months away. There will be more frustrating interruptions to kids' education to come.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:
Yes!!!
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Finally, first light in the dark :clap:
c1borg
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 pm wrote:Today is a fabulous and emotional day here in the UK. The first post-trials, approved, vaccines went into arms today.

Its party time :!!: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Pipstubborn
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by Pipstubborn »

Great news!!!! Huge relief for the mankind.

Best Christmas present ever received! Congrats to all. :yahoo: :cheer: :party: : :yahoo:
DavidB
Trader

Ghostrider

Post by DavidB »

Congrats, I hope we'll get back to normal very soon!

I've reset my Ghostrider setup with an fresh Empty4, using Desky and templates from the Ghostrider zip.
As described in the manual, we have a Higher Time Frame (HTF), a Trading Time Frame (TTF) and a Lower Time Frame (LTF), which default to H1, H4 and H1 respectively. So Desky should open H4 charts with Ghostrider template, including all three indicators, with correct settings, as well as the Ghostrider EA.

I tried to quickly set up 28 charts using the Desky "open all charts" button. Initially, for some unknown reason, both EA and indi's would initialize then uninitialize. The SupDem indi was set to M5 and charts opened were H1 TF instead of H4. After setting up the templates from scratch, now it works like a charm, and really fast too: 28 charts with indi's and Ghostrider EA were loaded well within 30 seconds!

Templates attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”