MACD-Rush EA

Maximilian
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by Maximilian »

Happy new year!
I put it on demo with the Osma and Supdem filter. All other input I left untouched. So let´see. I will send my data to fxtestify.
By the way, do you have a chart template, with the support resistance indi you posted? I couldn´t set it up with two different timeframes.
Have a nice weekend,
Max
biobier
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by biobier »

Version 5.14 is at post 1. Changelog:
5.12: set MinMinutesBetweenTrades to 1,
5.13: Added UseDivergenceAsTrigger to use MACD Divergence as trade trigger (Need testing!). Added confirmation UseVolumes this will check volumeTF volume to be higher than average ofvolume at a higher TF (usualy D1). Few bug fixes
5.14: Adjusted logging at many occasions from trace to debug. Added OSMA Divergence (Need testing!)
Maximilian » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:47 pm wrote:Happy new year!
I put it on demo with the Osma and Supdem filter. All other input I left untouched. So let´see. I will send my data to fxtestify.
By the way, do you have a chart template, with the support resistance indi you posted? I couldn´t set it up with two different timeframes.
Happy new year!
Please update to latest version I had some bugs fixed around OSMA. Also please review OsMaTimeFrame setting to be set to desired TF. Previous version had set current as default, which is the TF of the chart the EA is loaded on :?
As far as I am aware it is not possible to have the Sup/Res indi on one chart for two TF's. You need to manualy switch TF or have two charts open I am afraid :roll:
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
Maximilian
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by Maximilian »

Hi,
I updated but I also changed the OsMa logic: for BUY OsMa needs to be <0 and for SELL > 0 to catch the trend early. I should better change the name for fxtestify I guess.
Cheers Maximilian
Maximilian
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by Maximilian »

Autotrading should be enabled, shouldn´t it? :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :party:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MACD-Rush EA

Post by SteveHopwood »

Maximilian » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:33 pm wrote:Autotrading should be enabled, shouldn´t it? :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :party:
It never ceases to amaze me that autotrading is disabled by default when we set up a new instance of our beloved Empty4.

Here is a belter of something new thrown at me by Empty4 today.

I am coding an EA for a member based on her highly successful manual trading. Never mind the details for now because she is going to share with all of you eventually; her system operates at the open of a new candle. Imagine there was a buy signal in place at the close of the previous candle. The EA sends a buy stop order x pips above the high of the previous one.

There can never be both a market buy order and a buy stop in place. Lucky for me that I happened to be watching when this happened: instantaneously, the buy stop filled and became a market order, then the ea sent another buy stop.

What caused this was the now well known and unloved feature of Empty4. You or your ea sends a trade and it immediately appears in the trade window, so you think all is well.

This is a myth. The platform does not recognise a new trade until a return receipt arrives from the broker's server, and there can be a delay in this happening. The buy stop filled but there was a delay in the receipt turning up, so the EA instantly sent a fresh stop order because there was a buy signal on the previous candle and no sort of buy trade open.

I write, " Lucky for me that I happened to be watching when this happened" because otherwise I would have assumed some faulty coding and spent a wrist-slashing umpteen hours trying to hunt down a non-existent bug. I wonder how often thingies like this have happened in the past. Hey ho.

Ain't Empty4 fun?

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
biobier
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by biobier »

New version 5.16 in first post of this thread! All that use IgnoreMacdSideofCross=true should update as it had a wrong logic.
It has new functions to get closer the TradingRush rules (all meet now as I could identify!). I have added the rules also to post 1.
Changelog:
5.15: Set defaults to be close to TradingRush rules. Added TpBasedOnSLMultiply a multiplier of the SL. For the TR rules it shall be 2. Added BreakEvenSetTpToSLPips (usefull when used in combination with SetSLtoPullback). Fixed IgnoreMacdSideofCross as rule is "...only take buy signals that are way below the zero line of the histogram." it was the other way around before.
5.16: Fixed a BIG bug in jumpingStopLoss & trailingStopLoss that made it not to work in a lot cases!
Help for Newbies.
johanzon

Macd-rush EA

Post by johanzon »

Great work on the ea mate, putting this on my vps for testing! :clap:
biobier
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by biobier »

New version 5.19 is in first post. I tent to leave further development of this EA at least for some time.
The major functionality seems to work as should for me but still after implementing all the rules provided by TradingRush it still does not fly. :uff: Maybe some brilliant trading guru, who get good results using MACD, can tell what's wrong/missing.

Changelog:
5.17: If there is no Sup/Res found, take it from next higher TF. Added UseAtrForTSL and UseAtrForJSL
5.18: fixing bugs of 5.15 to 5.17
5.19: Added SetTPtoRebound
See first post for more info on the new settings.

Cheers!
Help for Newbies.
paulbt38
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by paulbt38 »

I have tinkered around with multiple EA's and always seems to drift back to MACD. I even remember getting Steve to help me with one many many years ago.

Delighted when I saw this as I had separately come across the trading video on youtube. I have played around with various settings but have also realized the IgnoreMacdSideofCross doesn't seem to be working still. I tested for a while just working with any cross but now want to go back to the original strategy with a few tweaks.

To test out if IgnoreMacdSideofCross I put it on the 1 minute charts and took off all other filters. You can see form the pics below that these sell trades should never have been entered. I am no coder but have tried amending the code as I didn't think it would be something too complicated but despite my various attempts it is still not working.

Any help would be appreciated..

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biobier
Trader

MACD-Rush EA

Post by biobier »

paulbt38 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:53 pm wrote:I have tinkered around with multiple EA's and always seems to drift back to MACD. I even remember getting Steve to help me with one many many years ago.

Delighted when I saw this as I had separately come across the trading video on youtube. I have played around with various settings but have also realized the IgnoreMacdSideofCross doesn't seem to be working still. I tested for a while just working with any cross but now want to go back to the original strategy with a few tweaks.

To test out if IgnoreMacdSideofCross I put it on the 1 minute charts and took off all other filters. You can see form the pics below that these sell trades should never have been entered. I am no coder but have tried amending the code as I didn't think it would be something too complicated but despite my various attempts it is still not working.

Any help would be appreciated..

Paul
Hi Paul,

not sure I understand your issue to be honest. From your screens it looks ok to me. MACD main crossed down the MACD signal line and generated a sell trigger.
Try to use the attached MACD indicator. It is better than the default IMHO.

From looking at the code I see that IgnoreMacdSideofCross is only used when FactorAwayFromMacdZero is creater than 0.
Also you can set the log level to DEBUG to get more infos in the expert tab.

BR
BioBIer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Help for Newbies.

Return to “Automated trading systems”