Sharky

trader689
Trader

Sharky

Post by trader689 »

I've had a few losses here and there but that's to be expected. Overall the profit factor is high, it trades selectively and it seems steady and consistent to me so far.

trader
Capper88

Sharky

Post by Capper88 »

KingOfCoolville » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm wrote:Running the EA since 26/07/21.

All positive results so far (had 4 sets of trades). Currently have a NZD/USD open, slightly down at the moment.

So far, so good.

Unfortunately the trade above ended in a loss for me and anyone else who was in it. However it was Non Farm Payrolls day which can always be a bit volatile.

I think my set up is trading in a similar fashion to KingOfCoolville, but still have doubts over my set up being correct.

I would be great if Richard could post his most recent results so we can compare trades :good:
c1borg
Trader

Sharky

Post by c1borg »

c1borg » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:39 am wrote:
opita » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm wrote:Some pairs will probably need to be purged like EURNZD, which is the one with the biggest losses.

The only ones that are positive for me are AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDNZD,AUDUSD,CADJPY,EURCAD,EURJPY,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,NZDCHF,NZDUSD,USDJPY.

Does anyone else have similar findings?
I havent had a loss yet? :hi:
Typical no losses until yesterday and NZDUSD took a big hit 3 trades open and gave back lots of the profits previously gained, probably due to NFP. Still a good EA but cant handle something like NFP events I guess. Dont know how you would stop the loss apart from closing all trades before big news events. Prior the the news it was in 1 trade and a small loss.
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

Hi folks,
a big thank you once again for sharing your findings. :good:
I too have had a few large losses this week (UC, NU, GC & NE) that gave back a lot of pips. :(
I am now testing a setting that takes into account impending news, but have also had a few instances where HGI H4 close has not performed as expected so will look into that too.

I have had difficulties with my server so any data I have to share will be useless, so would rather not confuse matters by doing so.

Stay safe and take care.
Richard
opita
Trader

Sharky

Post by opita »

I modified peaky to be a little more sensitive to at the edges. It kept me away from taking a bad trade in NU.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
trader689
Trader

Sharky

Post by trader689 »

Nice one opita, do keep us posted

trader
opita » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:34 pm wrote:I modified peaky to be a little more sensitive to at the edges. It kept me away from taking a bad trade in NU.
Capper88

Sharky

Post by Capper88 »

Buy trade triggered in NZD/USD on Wednesday. This went in negative territory on Thursday hitting buy limits. Market bounced off 0.7000 level and trades finished slightly ahead after a 100 pip deficit.

Any members have similar/different results?
marx64
Trader

Sharky

Post by marx64 »

Capper88 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:42 pm wrote:Buy trade triggered in NZD/USD on Wednesday. This went in negative territory on Thursday hitting buy limits. Market bounced off 0.7000 level and trades finished slightly ahead after a 100 pip deficit.

Yup
isabek
Trader

Sharky

Post by isabek »

Capper88 » 13 Aug 2021 21:42 wrote:Buy trade triggered in NZD/USD on Wednesday. This went in negative territory on Thursday hitting buy limits. Market bounced off 0.7000 level and trades finished slightly ahead after a 100 pip deficit.

nzdusd same, but also I got nzdjpy all negative stop
WorldsEnd
Trader

Sharky

Post by WorldsEnd »

Good morning folks,
is anybody please be so kind to post the sharky .set file from Richard's latest build? Would help out a lot right now as I made some changes to the sharky EA as well as to some TDesk drones which is why I can't just copy/paste the .tpl file posted a few pages earlier.

Thx! :hi:

Return to “Automated trading systems”