Sharky

DavidB
Trader

Sharky

Post by DavidB »

Here you go:
Sharky.set
TDesk Sharky.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WorldsEnd
Trader

Sharky

Post by WorldsEnd »

Thanks a lot David :good:
ishak123
Trader

Sharky

Post by ishak123 »

Hi
Any one happy to share this week demo or live Sharky results.
Mine Demo Broker Deltastock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidB
Trader

Sharky

Post by DavidB »

Wow. I have just three USDCHF trades this week Using the default templates (I think). :? Which part have I overlooked?
TYoung6608

Sharky

Post by TYoung6608 »

Sharky hit a new high today. This could of course be short-lived, as it tends to jerk about quite a bit. The sideways movement for the past couple of months was not helped by two baskets which closed at decent losses. Nonetheless, it has clawed it's way back up quite nicely, at least for today. Pretty impressive.
TYoung6608

Sharky

Post by TYoung6608 »

garen:
FYI, I had two trades this week, both GBPCHF. (2 baskets, 5 orders total).
By the way, I am now eliminating all CHF pairs from Sharky. They have been pretty consistent losers.
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

garen » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:26 am wrote:So with the old setting grow a live account from $225 USD to 413usd in 2 weeks but today it gave back 90% of the profit from GBPJPY. I still don't see any trade from the new setting @r1ch4rd give out. with the old setting, the account always in draw down 90% of the time with 200 - 300+ pips daily when it is close to support and resistance I think if we can reverse the trade to the opposite when it's at support or resistance and take profit at the first ATR while keeping the same setting when it's about 20% away from support or resistance I think this EA can bank some pips. I'm not a code or do I understand how to put what I have just explained into the TDesk trading partner
All I can suggest Garen, is you use trial and error. The more you fiddle around (or use other contributors ideas) with the drones & TDesk settings, and think "What IF I Did This", the closer you will come to finding what you are looking for. :arrrg:

I have once again tweaked my settings and I am happy to say I am still making consistent gains (322 pips so far this week & 1350 for the month). :smile:
It does run with DD, but there is plenty of wiggle room for margin.

34LWMA (H4,H1,M5) HGI (H4) and Use Peaky (H4) set to true within Sharky. H4 grid & 25TP
GBPAUD 27.10.png

I will not be sharing my latest sets until I am confident I have a solid plan with exits when price goes against the signals and runs. At the moment I'm considering closing on 100% opposite signal and/or 150% of D1 ATR hard stop.

Take care and stay safe.
Richard
trader689
Trader

Sharky

Post by trader689 »

thanks r1ch4rd

looking forward to your new findings. My demo of your settings from p3/4/5 of the thread are still going strong. Nice sniper like trades, consistent and low drawdown. Not as Steve might put it, a 'trading tart', sometimes it'll sit on its hands for a week, but quality over quantity for sure

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Sharky

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:43 pm wrote:thanks r1ch4rd

Not as Steve might put it, a 'trading tart', sometimes it'll sit on its hands for a week, but quality over quantity for sure

trader
I remember a quote from my early days by a then much more experienced trader: "Better to be out wishing you were in, than in wishing you were out." Yep. I quickly got to know the feeling as I promptly ignored the advice and traded anything that moved. :) Invariably in the wrong direction. :arrrg:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
trader689
Trader

Sharky

Post by trader689 »

ha yes, very sage advice, and also very typical to ignore sage advice as a newbie trader. I also remember doing very similar things when I started (and to be honest, continued for way too long)

trader
SteveHopwood » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 pm wrote:
trader689 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:43 pm wrote:thanks r1ch4rd

Not as Steve might put it, a 'trading tart', sometimes it'll sit on its hands for a week, but quality over quantity for sure

trader
I remember a quote from my early days by a then much more experienced trader: "Better to be out wishing you were in, than in wishing you were out." Yep. I quickly got to know the feeling as I promptly ignored the advice and traded anything that moved. :) Invariably in the wrong direction. :arrrg:

:xm: :rocket:

Return to “Automated trading systems”