A Pipeasy inspired, Trend Trading Auto-trader

dietcoke
Trader

A Pipeasy inspired, Trend Trading Auto-trader

Post by dietcoke »

This robot is an evolution of the breakout mode I wrote into Scoobs forex robot. The result is so far removed from the original FR premise that I'm posting it in the main autotrader thread.

I want to create something that is in tune with the equity millipede trading philosophy of Pipeasy over on FF. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=245149

Basically, this bot tries to open a trades in the direction of the prevailing trend. It does this by a combintion of stacking and retrace entries. The aim is to generate over time a large open profit from pairs which are trending.

1) each day, the robot monitors the nearest 10 pip round number above and below the previous days close. If a breach occurs and is in the direction of the prevailing trend, a trade is opened.

2) TTA will now stack to a maximum of 3 open trades using a grid based re-entry method. This is usually every 10 pips.

3) Once there are 3 open trades, TTA will wait for a retrace before making any further entries. For buys, the retrace rules are based on a cross above -100 for the CCI(5) and for sells, on a cross below 100.

4) If a CCI based retrace happens and a trade is opened, TTA goes back into stacking grid mode for further 3 trades.

5) And so on.....

6) at the end of each day, TTA will reset itself so that it is ready to trade in mode 1.

For any given pair, the stop is as used by Forex robot and is based on the dollar value of the open p/l of the pair basket. this value can be seen in the global variables window (F3).

For the moment, this is just an exe with limited customisation. This is not because I do not intend to share. I just want to keep the discussion tight for now without distractions over the use of different settings.

I've posted couple of gif's showing the way the bot has traded EURUSD and GBPUSD in the last week and it looks good when a trend hits.

TTA currently doe NOT CLOSE ANY POSITION except when the pair basket stop loss reaches the dollar value mentioned. (Ok, I lied a bit. It will also close all trades when your open profit reaches $1,000,000 :D)

Those who really have to have a TP, I suggest using one of the TP/SL methods in MPTM

I plan to add a part closure function to the robot to simulate pipeasy's diversification methodology at a later point. I would be interested in suggestions as to what criteria to use for this.

Ideally, I'd have done this couple of weeks ago and you could all be raving about some massive open profits, but hopefully there are still some nice trends to come this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pipguy
Trader

Re: A Pipeasy inspired, Trend Trading Auto-trader

Post by pipguy »

dietcoke,

Thank you for your efforts here and thanks for sharing!

pipguy
JulesvH
Trader

Post by JulesvH »

Ok, I wanted to try it, but it gets stuck with the message "wainting for tick update from server" while ticks do come in.
I updated from build 419 to 432, but still the same.
When I look in the terminal / experts tab it shows a zero devide error.
Im running it on Alpari UK, 5digits.
spymez
Trader

Post by spymez »

Thanks for your contribution Dietcoke

So profit taking is at the discretion of the user?

I was thinking a $ basket close could be added, or applied using MPTM?

Your feedback appreciated.

Rgds

Spy
dietcoke
Trader

Post by dietcoke »

JulesvH wrote:Ok, I wanted to try it, but it gets stuck with the message "wainting for tick update from server" while ticks do come in.
I updated from build 419 to 432, but still the same.
When I look in the terminal / experts tab it shows a zero devide error.
Im running it on Alpari UK, 5digits.

Set UsePrintForLogging=true and create a Globalvariable called 'log'

this will switch on print logging.
Let it run for a few minutes and then post the log
dietcoke
Trader

Post by dietcoke »

spymez wrote:Thanks for your contribution Dietcoke

So profit taking is at the discretion of the user?

I was thinking a $ basket close could be added, or applied using MPTM?

Your feedback appreciated.

Rgds

Spy
It's there , just hidden and set to $1,000,000 right now. Call it an interesting exercise in letting your profits run!!
spymez
Trader

Post by spymez »

Ok then. It's on demo. Lets see if she can bag some pips. ;-)
JulesvH
Trader

Post by JulesvH »

The log-file from the expert/logs folder is attached
20120918.log
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Thank you DC,
nice one, hope to help where i can.
Here are the setting;
started 18 December,
Lot size 0.1.
everything else OOTB including pair selection

MPTM;
BE - 20/10
JS - 30
SL - 50

there is a slight difference in the starting amount on the widget from an older ea i've given up on. Should'nt make a difference once ATT starts trading.

10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=36&t=848
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

JulesvH wrote:

The log-file from the expert/logs folder is attached
20120918.log
Hi JulesvH,
i did'nt have any errors when setting up except i got the usual about bars in history.
Waitied a while for the server to download and then the platform popped a message to try restart. no probs after that but i did the usual manual update of all the pairs for history.
No errors in experts or journal.

regards
cuzgeorge
10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=36&t=848

Return to “Automated trading systems”