MTF indicator help

The forum for experienced coders to upload their helpful hints, tips and lessons.
Ehrenmat
Trader

MTF indicator help

Post by Ehrenmat »

c1borg » Today, 20:06 wrote:
tomele » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:09 pm wrote:Hi Nev.

Although I don't have the time to help you with all your questions, here is a general tip for you. I did it this way when I started to code MQL4:

Whenever you want to add something to your code, find another code that does what you imagine. Then read and work to understand this code. Study the MQL4 reference for each statement you don't fully understand. Now try to adapt the code to your needs, play with it and voila - suddenly there you go.

Best wishes
Thomas
Good advice and funnily enough thats what seems to be happening, the indy is now working as expected and its really satisfying to do it yourself (with a little help) :smile:

I will continue making some more tweaks.
Hey Nev,

on the road again and without any PC Connection. But look at the MTF TDI and take the very last part. I think, the definition of TF cases is missing. Will take a look on friday myself. Maybe I can help... eventually...

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
c1borg
Trader

MTF indicator help

Post by c1borg »

Ehrenmat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 pm wrote:
Hey Nev,

on the road again and without any PC Connection. But look at the MTF TDI and take the very last part. I think, the definition of TF cases is missing. Will take a look on friday myself. Maybe I can help... eventually...

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
I've sorted the TF issue now thanks for the offer though :hi:
c1borg
Trader

MTF indicator help

Post by c1borg »

I want to set the attached indicator to send its signal at candlestick close but im not sure its behaving as planned :youknow: I would really appreciate a second opinion or some guidance, as im still learning :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Coding Lessons - info for all”