The Captains Chest - Naked Trading & Other Stuff

The forum for Captain Jack and CJ related thingies.
Captain Jack
Trader

Re: The Captains Chest - Naked Trading & Other Stuff

Post by Captain Jack »

Something to keep an eye on over the upcoming days Mike.

All indicators are still lagging price and will always be behind. There is nothing that can predict the future path of price. But if there was, it might look something like this.... :shock:

CJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A man is not defeated when he is beaten, he is defeated when he quits.

The goal is not a "perfect trade" - the goal is a "profitable trade"!
Captain Jack
Trader

Post by Captain Jack »

mjws00 wrote:Heh. I ain't a stock systems guy, and don't look for grails. That's part of the reason it took me a while to get over here. I've seen a couple great traders crush it in real time. But most find little value in posting and move on quickly. I trade zones and price, and like yourself am always always thinking about who is on the other side of my trade.

But just like that infrared camera can help you track the fox, I don't mind a little early warning on a possible set up. Just to see where that fox might be hunting. :)

Glad I wasn't too far out of line. (And yes I posted and took a bunch of counter 10.4 trades in real time)

Mike

EDIT: And I do promise not to get off topic. :)
Making the $$ is where its at, Always good to see trades closed with green pips.

Don't worry about getting off topic...everything is fair game in here as you never know where something will lead once it's out of the bag. ;)

BTW, GBP "news" soon... could see an early hit to my target on EURGBP... so does "news" move price or does price dictate news? I'm really gonna toss you brain salad in here! :lol:

Looking for dovish comments from BOE and GBP weakness.....let the countdown begin!

CJ

Aus67
Trader

Post by Aus67 »

Captain Jack wrote:Something to keep an eye on over the upcoming days Mike.

All indicators are still lagging price and will always be behind. There is nothing that can predict the future path of price. But if there was, it might look something like this.... :shock:

CJ
Hi CJ

In your prediction of possible price action, it is in a slight upward trend..is there a way that you predict this?

I have no idea how to trade this though!

My head hurts with your concepts! love it though!!! :shock:
Keep it coming...(please)!
cheers
daryl
...if you are given a gift and you decide not to accept it, to whom then does the gift belong to? Think about it!
Captain Jack
Trader

Post by Captain Jack »

Aus67 wrote:

CJ
Hi CJ

In your prediction of possible price action, it is in a slight upward trend..is there a way that you predict this?

cheers
daryl
Yes, it's a map I've made for this pair, plotting where I think price will be going forward. The red X is my target for the live trade on the chart, apprx. .8755 area, where price will reverse back to my entry area. I plan to swing trade it back if it makes it to the 1st target.

How I do it is the key....ask Gary, he knows. ;)

Cj

Aus67
Trader

Post by Aus67 »

Captain Jack wrote:
Aus67 wrote:

CJ
Hi CJ

cheers
daryl
Yes, it's a map I've made for this pair, plotting where I think price will be going forward. The red X is my target for the live trade on the chart, apprx. .8755 area, where price will reverse back to my entry area. I plan to swing trade it back if it makes it to the 1st target.

How I do it is the key....ask Gary, he knows. ;)

Cj

What you have shared has a great deal of logic!
Would you trade the 'muddled' price chart? to me, if I see price starting to exhaust around 'an event area' one could just play the new highs and lows for awhile?

thanks again for giving us this insight!
...if you are given a gift and you decide not to accept it, to whom then does the gift belong to? Think about it!
Aus67
Trader

Post by Aus67 »

Captain Jack wrote:
Aus67 wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:

Hi CJ
Great thread!
Just browsing through some charts looking for similar events to what you describe...Although I am not sure of what all the letters are yet, is the attached 4h usdcad chart displaying the same kind of event at 1.025?

cheers
Daryl
Sure looks like it doesn't it Daryl. But what do these 4 currencies have in common that would cause them to print the same pattern? Four different countries, 4 different currencies, 4 different economies but the crosses print the same price pattern.... Take away the labels, names, dates and time and you are left with one thing....Price!

Good eye and well done.

These patterns are close enough to be twins. They are what I call a "muddled" pattern. I'll post some charts with picture perfect versions of this pattern. As I said, the fox likes deception and distortion to cloud vision. There are many ways to "muddle" a pattern, but it's still there. They can;t hide them completely because price is a printed record of what is happening and what they are doing. Try as they might, the fox can't cover his tracks completely. To see more detail, drop down to the M15 time frame.

CJ
In the 15min chart are we still looking at the same pattern on the 4h? which is about a 350 pip range.
I cant really see much...are we looking for the same muddle pattern on a 15min scale?
Last edited by Aus67 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocT
Trader

Post by DocT »

CJ
Great to see you in here and glad you found a home for your talented and educational approach to trading.
Loved BARF and looking forward to "fox" trading.
Cheers
DocT
Captain Jack
Trader

Post by Captain Jack »

Aus67 wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:
Aus67 wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:

Hi CJ
Great thread!
Just browsing through some charts looking for similar events to what you describe...Although I am not sure of what all the letters are yet, is the attached 4h usdcad chart displaying the same kind of event at 1.025?

cheers
Daryl

CJ
In the 15min chart are we still looking at the same pattern on the 4h? which is about a 350 pip range.
I cant really see much...are we looking for the same pattern?
Here's the USDCAD on both the 15M 30M time frames....same pattern as the 4H on USDCAD and EURGBP...

CJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Captain Jack
Trader

Post by Captain Jack »

taggie11 wrote:CJ
Great to see you in here and glad you found a home for your talented and educational approach to trading.
Loved BARF and looking forward to "fox" trading.
Cheers
DocT
Hi Doc,

We could end up BARFing here as well! ;)

CJ

pips400
Trader

Post by pips400 »

Great stuff Captain, really looking forward to see where this leads. Looks similar to limit order trading in a range, with multiple bounces off the bottom support, but don't want to second guess here, I'll keep watching from the shadows :lol:

Return to “Captain Jack's forum”