In the footprints of the FOX....

The forum for Captain Jack and CJ related thingies.
ti6543
Trader

Post by ti6543 »

Thanks Flywood.

The following helped me understand the markets better than anything else (Just ignore the tradeguider software stuff in it) - https://www.tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf

I would not have become profitable had I not read it, and it's free!

It talks a lot about volume, which can be a little difficult in forex , but the concepts are broadly similar to the CJ stuff, but explained in a much clearer way. The big difference would be the CJ idea that every move is "painted" by the fox, whereas this would imply the existence of "the fox", albeit with less supernatural powers.

I think it's better with trading to look for really obvious trades, rather than hard to spot difficult ones. I'm still learning myself, but there are times that I see situations where the trade is so obvious that I'm very confident that it will be successful. Sadly these don't come along too often, but it's probably more profitable to do fewer trades and stick to the obvious. The recent GBPUSD short was one that screamed out at me.
flywood
Trader

Post by flywood »

Thanks a lot, that looks worth considering. Will have a good look at it!
damnpenguins
Trader

Post by damnpenguins »

Patterns repeat

The pre-market pattern repeated in today's session. I have it on the DAX, the FTSE and the DOW.

Charts are CFD's from Global Prime.

GER30M15.png

EDIT: FTSE has completed the pattern now, updated the image.
UK100M15.png
EDIT: Dax now completed too. FTSE really went to town after the last screenshot as well...
GER30M15_update.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by damnpenguins on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
damnpenguins
Trader

Post by damnpenguins »

ti6543 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 pm wrote:I'm actually not sure what you guys are trying to do with the whole A-K thing.
Curiosity. Pure and Simple.
damnpenguins
Trader

Post by damnpenguins »

flywood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm wrote:As far as I understand the A-K pattern, it is a characteristic mix of distribution and accumulation that occurs across all timeframes when a level has been established and/or an AOI has been reached. I guess you could also say that they occur when volume begins to dry up and they need to distribute what they have accumulated or the volume they have been able to trap.

The pattern as such gives no indication as to the direction that it's going to take off in - that depends on the higher TF bias.

What makes the pattern difficult to trade is that it can be "dirtied", parts of it can be repeated, etc. The easiest trade frequently is D to E/F, as others have pointed out before.

I totally second your point that identifying the pattern (and trading it) can be exceedingly difficult, but I have not stopped being interested in it, since it may constitute a possibility to better understand pre-move market behaviour.

Agree 100% Flywood.

Like you, I see the Distribution and Accumulation.

There was a really intriguing discussion with TraderJoe and another poster regarding the pattern being one of continuation. I haven't had time to go back over and muddle my way through that yet...

I feel like I missed a real opportunity when people like CJ and others were here at the start of the thread, but I came to the thread only in the last year or so - otherwise I'd have been plugging away asking CJ questions :)
ti6543
Trader

Post by ti6543 »

Why would there be accumulation and distribution, that makes no sense? Surely it's either one of the other?
damnpenguins
Trader

Post by damnpenguins »

ti6543 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 am wrote:Why would there be accumulation and distribution, that makes no sense? Surely it's either one of the other?
Clearly not at the same time.

As CJ said - the first part of the pattern was distributive, and the second part was accumulation for the next move.
MMBread+Butter.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

ti6543 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 pm wrote: The following helped me understand the markets better than anything else (Just ignore the tradeguider software stuff in it) - https://www.tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf
Thanks for posting this, it's an excellent read. :good:
ti6543
Trader

Post by ti6543 »

SWG123 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:09 pm wrote: Thanks for posting this, it's an excellent read. :good:
No problem. You have to take into account an overall view of the market, especially in Forex. Perhaps a thread on VSA would be useful, though it is a very different type of trading to that proposed here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

ti6543 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:59 pm wrote:
Perhaps a thread on VSA would be useful,
So start one.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Captain Jack's forum”