annual return

annual return

Postby Chilllord » Fri May 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Hello, in trading rarely anyone talks about their annual return with a live account. Can anyone here prove an annual positive return? Thanks in advance. :) Greeting
Chilllord

annual return

Postby techwormi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 am

:youknow: I also have the same doubt,can anyone please tell about their annual return .
That would be very helpful
INDFX
techwormi

annual return

Postby billv » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:42 am

Hello Doubters :hi:
How profitable a trader is, will depend on the strategy and the experience of the trader.

If you are doubting the strategies traded by the EA's shared here, the reason you would doubt profitability is because you don't understand the strategies in the first place and you are either over trading your account or your account is underfunded.

An experienced trader would not have such problems.

Its been a couple of years since I moved away from the concepts used in some of the forum EA's and I stopped using those for 2 reasons,
1. I wanted to have full autonomy of my EA's ( I could not rely on code which was not shared)
2. I could not stomach the draw down and the risk that my accounts would be damaged by a price spike.

I don't use grid trades anymore, I don't use fill gap orders anymore and I occasionally intervene manually to reduce risk.

In other words, I removed the most dangerous trading practices of my EA's and now I actively monitor my trades daily and manage the most important risk which is the risk of ruin.

As a result of my risk reduction techniques my strategies now return between 30% and 50% pa and the DD should not exceed 15% .
I know that these returns are low compared to the returns of some other EA's but I cannot risk losing my money.

I cannot share my live account details but below you will find the links of a couple of demo accounts which have been open for a couple of years.
If you are interested to look further, on those pages there are links to other accounts which I use for testing up-scaling.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... 10/5403837
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -m/6439004
Good luck
billv

Return to General Forex Discussion