Empty4 Build 500

traderduke
Trader

Empty4 Build 500

Post by traderduke »

Is anyone having problems with Empty4's new build 500? I have some indicators that use to work but not with 500. When I saved an indictor to the proper folder, I restarted the platform 7-10 times but still no indicator, I know it sounds weired, but it showed in Internet expolorer but not in Navigator.

It also appears that there is a new limitation to the number of indicators & EA's. Old Builds showed all indicators up to 1000 then it dropped any non-sourse indicators, you could template them but not see or add to a chart. Now the number is 1020 and it drops all indicators more then 1020. Is there anyway to get back to Build 482. All my four brokers are Build 500, Globel Prime, FinFx, MBtrading & FXCM.
slipshod
Trader

Re: Empty4 Build 500

Post by slipshod »

There's no way to get back, as Empty4 updates are now mandatory. Its just one of many concerning changes they've introduced, along with banning software from MT4i and breaking myfxbook's autoupdate method. Who knows what they have planned next, but we can rest assured that they don't care less about the interests of traders.

I'm beginning a transition to cTrader while looking for other platforms (cTrader is great but has some oddities of its own).
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

slipshod wrote:There's no way to get back, as Empty4 updates are now mandatory. Its just one of many concerning changes they've introduced, along with banning software from MT4i and breaking myfxbook's autoupdate method. Who knows what they have planned next, but we can rest assured that they don't care less about the interests of traders.

I'm beginning a transition to cTrader while looking for other platforms (cTrader is great but has some oddities of its own).
Time to start a campaign to encourage the brokers to deal with this - it is the brokers who pay these cowboys wages and who ultimately need us retail traders to make any money. Not sure how to go about this, but I do have an entire forum that I can energise.

Any suggestions?

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

slipshod wrote:There's no way to get back, as Empty4 updates are now mandatory. Its just one of many concerning changes they've introduced, along with banning software from MT4i and breaking myfxbook's autoupdate method. Who knows what they have planned next, but we can rest assured that they don't care less about the interests of traders.

On Forex.com MT4i feature is back! :!:
I think in near future all cawboys will restored MT4i ....
Forex.com
Important Account Notice

We recently informed you of upcoming feature changes to the Empty4 platform.

We're pleased to let you know that full access to the Trade Terminal and Trader Toolkit within the Empty4 platform has been restored.

What this means to you:
If you no longer have the Trade Terminal or Trader Toolkit installed on your computer, please download the EAs.
If you still have access to Trade Terminal and Trader Toolkit, no action is required.

Please contact us using the information below if you have any questions.

It's your world. Trade it.

Customer Support Hours:
24 hours a day from Sunday 9pm to Friday 9pm
Saturday 2pm to 10pm GMT Freephone: 0800 032 1948
Int'l: +44 (0) 20 7429 7900
Email: [email protected]
MrLong

Post by MrLong »

traderduke wrote:Is anyone having problems with Empty4's new build 500? I have some indicators that use to work but not with 500. When I saved an indictor to the proper folder, I restarted the platform 7-10 times but still no indicator, I know it sounds weired, but it showed in Internet expolorer but not in Navigator.

It also appears that there is a new limitation to the number of indicators & EA's. Old Builds showed all indicators up to 1000 then it dropped any non-sourse indicators, you could template them but not see or add to a chart. Now the number is 1020 and it drops all indicators more then 1020. Is there anyway to get back to Build 482. All my four brokers are Build 500, Globel Prime, FinFx, MBtrading & FXCM.

I've not tried it lately, but to go back to the old version, including all the passwords, simply right click on the Empty4 folder, select properties, select the tab labelled Previous Versions, select the last version, then hit restore.

Andy
chaveznqoos
Trader

Post by chaveznqoos »

traderduke wrote:Is anyone having problems with Empty4's new build 500? I have some indicators that use to work but not with 500. When I saved an indictor to the proper folder, I restarted the platform 7-10 times but still no indicator, I know it sounds weired, but it showed in Internet expolorer but not in Navigator.

Prev versions....

https://support.beeksfx.com/index.php?/ ... executable

Rgards. ;
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

But I think it will auto-update as soon as you run it ... you can't just delete the updater anymore.
musketeer
Trader

Post by musketeer »

the last build which has liveupdate.exe as different exe is 452... it is the only way to prevent updates
ofcourse, hitting "cancel" when it asks for admin privileges works as well (on the further versions)
But, I am ready to fight back! MetaQuotes are too blatant... In first chance I will change to cTrader...
babalu4u
Trader

Post by babalu4u »

Me to cTrader and cAlgo ***** :mrgreen:
scanner
Trader

Post by scanner »

ex version.jpg
Some broker don't accept old version...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Forex Discussion”