The purpose of this sub-forum

Discuss potential trading platforms to replace Empty4.
Post your assessments of alternatives that you have tried.
rourkem

Post by rourkem »

Hi Sergey, sorry to bump this up but any thoughts that you can share that may benefit new users here?
Pippa
Trader

Post by Pippa »

Empty4 Trading and Coding Stations!

Yes, you too can aspire to Code all sorts of fuckery on your very own CrapTastic Throne!

Here is an EXACT REPLICA of what the Metaquotes Pro's use and it is indeed the "King of Coding Crappers."

For $25,000.00 USD this CAN and WILL be YOURS!
Empty4 Coding Station.jpg
Very limited Supply and we are almost SOLD OUT! HURRY!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: TO ORDER please PM Pippa and she shall discuss where to transfer Funds.

:arrow: FREE EA "The Plunger" with your purchase! For details Please PM SteveHopwood!

:arrow: Interested in Customization? PM AnotherBrian for Chrome detailing and the "Silent Flush" Code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zambi64

Post by Zambi64 »

Hello everyone.

This is my first post, and it's rather long.

If the quest for a new platform is still on, I for one would vouch for Sierrachart.

I've used and programmed in many platforms: TradeStation, Tradestation with OOC, Multicharts (which uses Tradestation's EasyLanguage) , Multicharts.NET (which is C# based), Ninjatrader (C# & Ninjascript), Esignal (javascript) , and a bunch of others too.

In the end, no experience was as smooth for me as Sierrchart. Sure, there was that wretched learning curve, but the documentation on their website is really extensive and very well organized.

Some advantages:
- C++ based, so porting MQL4 code is a breeze (one can even use VisualStudio as IDE)
- Super-stable
- Back-testing & Chart Replay, the way it should be done!
- Free demo available (includes data from FXCM), so right up your alley as forex traders
- Even when demo's done, you can still use the platform indefinitely for coding, replay, backtesting etc as if it were live (you just can't download any fresh data; which is not a problem since you can download several years' worth of past data during the demo period and keep it for testing).
- No expensive licensing BS; you pay per month (a very reasonable $25 or so). Some brokers give it to you for free if you do like 10 roundtrips a month.
- Works with many brokers, and now opening up to more and more FX brokers (I think they have Gain Capital and FXCM among others) and they're usually regulated
- Trading off a chart or a DOM, with the former done "properly"
- Regular (really regular) updates, making it better and better all the time
- Probably unique in offering "spreadsheet-based" trading; so if you don't feel like programming an indicator/expert in C++ or looking up class members on the website, you can just build the rules in an Excel-like spreadsheet with Excel like formulae, and it will do the auto-trading

Did I say it was stable?

Have a look and give it a spin (http://www.Sierrachart.com)
PTG

Post by PTG »

Zambi64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:02 pm wrote:Hello everyone.

This is my first post, and it's rather long.

If the quest for a new platform is still on, I for one would vouch for Sierrachart.

I've used and programmed in many platforms: TradeStation, Tradestation with OOC, Multicharts (which uses Tradestation's EasyLanguage) , Multicharts.NET (which is C# based), Ninjatrader (C# & Ninjascript), Esignal (javascript) , and a bunch of others too.

In the end, no experience was as smooth for me as Sierrchart. Sure, there was that wretched learning curve, but the documentation on their website is really extensive and very well organized.

Some advantages:
- C++ based, so porting MQL4 code is a breeze (one can even use VisualStudio as IDE)
- Super-stable
- Back-testing & Chart Replay, the way it should be done!
- Free demo available (includes data from FXCM), so right up your alley as forex traders
- Even when demo's done, you can still use the platform indefinitely for coding, replay, backtesting etc as if it were live (you just can't download any fresh data; which is not a problem since you can download several years' worth of past data during the demo period and keep it for testing).
- No expensive licensing BS; you pay per month (a very reasonable $25 or so). Some brokers give it to you for free if you do like 10 roundtrips a month.
- Works with many brokers, and now opening up to more and more FX brokers (I think they have Gain Capital and FXCM among others) and they're usually regulated
- Trading off a chart or a DOM, with the former done "properly"
- Regular (really regular) updates, making it better and better all the time
- Probably unique in offering "spreadsheet-based" trading; so if you don't feel like programming an indicator/expert in C++ or looking up class members on the website, you can just build the rules in an Excel-like spreadsheet with Excel like formulae, and it will do the auto-trading

Did I say it was stable?

Have a look and give it a spin (http://www.Sierrachart.com)
I've been using Sierra Chart for years and I highly recommend it for its stability, speed, flexibility and mentality from the developers who won't compromise the quality of their code. You can use Sierra Chart to trade with LMAX. Wouldn't it be nice to have bots running on Sierra Chart using Global Prime ? All that Global Prime have to do is to implement the open source DTC protocol https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?p ... otocol.php

Return to “Finding a new platform”