MT5

This forum consists of sub-forums dedicated to alternative platforms to Empty4. PM me, if you have your own favourite and I will add a sub-forum for it.
dwood

MT5

Post by dwood »

Friendly query about user experience on this forum with MT5 platform. I am attracted to it because of claimed "better backtesting abilities". Now I have read the threads about Empty4 and CrapTester results. Now wondering if MT5's blurb is just marketing talk or actually the new StrategyTester in MT5 does represent substantial improvement in terms of tick value calculations. Is backtesting with ladder logic flawed per se or is it worth looking at this again with a different object oriented programming language and a new backtesting model??

Link to the MQL5 page to read if you wanna understand what I am saying and don't already is enclosed. RNP?

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs
mlewis
Trader

MT5

Post by mlewis »

I made the switch to MT5 a while back and haven't looked back since. Anybody else developing for MT5 here?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MT5

Post by SteveHopwood »

mlewis » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 am wrote:I made the switch to MT5 a while back and haven't looked back since. Anybody else developing for MT5 here?
Not in public here, although think Rene has used oop in his offerings.

I have no evidence for what I am about to write apart from lack of what-happened-next? i.e. bugger all post the original OP of 2016.

Crappertraders were trying to convert everyone to crapt5.

The so-called 'brokers' i.e. 'criminals' were once in cahoots with the crappertraders. Crappertraders' behaviour became more and more outrageous. It became obvious even to the densest of the criminals that it was not in their interest to 'invest' in crapt5 licences.

The criminals finally rebelled against the Cretins at Crappertrader and refused to adopt crapt5.

It comes to something when criminals fall out. There must be a lot of blood on the carpet. Excellent. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And so there is suddenly no more pressure to convert to crapt5. I say 'suddenly' but in reality noone has mentioned it for years. Until you.

Now, the moment that Jem says to me, "Steve, the way to go in trading is to convert to crapt5 and we will stop offering Empty4 in 6 months" is the moment I will learn to program in crapt5. It will not be as hard to convert my major EA's to this latest abortion of a computing language as it once would have been because there are not so many of them these days. We have moved on a tad in the realms of producing profitable trading systems/EA's from where we were at the start of this forum. Yes, recoding will probably involve major rewrites. No: there will not be hundreds of them. It will even be fun to learn a new computing language; I like doing this.

Mind, I will shout at Jem a lot. We have quite a lot of good thingies going on here right now and those of us who have been around for a while (i.e. a decade) are not eager to disrupt them

Not nearly as much as Thomas will shout at him. Try to imagine recoding TDesk et al into another language. Then imagine posting the suggestion. The shudder gently, bear in mind that Thomas has the power to remove you from this forum. Best to stay quiet for now?

And if you have no idea who Jem and Thomas are, then bugger off. You are a moron with no idea what is going on here and I will applaud warmly when you post that you were stupid enough to open a live trading account and blew it.

Now, here is a radical suggestion: the Cretins at Crapperquotes could actually make Empty4 work properly?

Consider the developers of HGI.
And CSS.

All for Empty4. How much do you want to ask them to them to redevelop these fantastic pieces of kit for crapt5?

You might not enjoy their replies.

Not looking good for crap t5. The Cretins should have got Empty4 right first.

Something else for you to consider. Some (probably a lot) of us are making money out of SPB as developed for Empty4. No idea what that is? Find out. It is an Empty4 successful trading EA.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
mlewis
Trader

MT5

Post by mlewis »

not really sure I deserved all that Steve, but i'll not mention the unmentionable again. Apologies.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MT5

Post by SteveHopwood »

mlewis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 am wrote:not really sure I deserved all that Steve, but i'll not mention the unmentionable again. Apologies.
Sorry. Didn't mean it to be a shout at you. Sorry if it came out like that.

Feel free to carry on the discussion. I was just making my point.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Alternative platforms”