Empty4 EA to Ctrader

General discussion about cTrader and CAlgo
mihajlo

Empty4 EA to Ctrader

Post by mihajlo »

Regards,

I've been trading for a couple of years now, and all the time been using Empty4.
Recently I have heard a lot of great things about cTrader and I want to try it.
Now, I am using some EA on Empty4 that was made for me by a guy who write these EA's.
I have absolute non knowledge on how EA are written, so have decided to turn to you guys.
My question is, can anybody code the same EA like this one I have, but for cTrader?

Best regards,

Mihajlo
bodR9

Re: Empty4 EA to Ctrader

Post by bodR9 »

try 2calgo[dot]com first. It can convert mql to c#

You can also use Protrader[dot]com for a better platform that can still run the ex4 from Empty4
atharmian
Trader

Post by atharmian »

Interesting sites.
So how do you register for ProTrader? Looks like this was started by S. Kovalyov, the MQL4 inventor,
and like MQL4 and the forum, the site and doc/support just sucks !

Happy Holidays,
Athar.

bodR9 wrote:try 2calgo[dot]com first. It can convert mql to c#

You can also use Protrader[dot]com for a better platform that can still run the ex4 from Empty4
skoda2008
Trader

Post by skoda2008 »

bodR9 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:30 am wrote:try 2calgo[dot]com first. It can convert mql to c#

I can only get Protrader to run the mql file, not ex4. If there is some way to get an ex4 to work with it please let me know how?
smartforex

Empty4 EA to Ctrader

Post by smartforex »

Sure a good developer could write the same algorithm for ctrader. In cTrader, we use C# to write CAlgo. You can write experts or indicators.

I've been using this tool to convert my mq4 experts to ctrader bots: http://mq4tocalgo.com/
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Empty4 EA to Ctrader

Post by SteveHopwood »

smartforex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:43 pm wrote:Sure a good developer could write the same algorithm for ctrader.
Hmmmm. I could not. Does that make me a bad developer?

Think carefully before answering.

Not that it matters until you can persuade brokers to adopt cTrader. You can be as fantastic as you want but I don't care. GP does not offer me the platform.

Even if it did, you still face the problem of persuading us coders to convert the overwhelming mass of stuff available merely at SHF into cTrader format.

Better make sure you make it easy fella, or we will simply ignore you.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “General discussion”