Tutorial: Myfxbook account and Widget

Alpenkorps
Trader

Re: Tutorial: Myfxbook account and Widget

Post by Alpenkorps »

cuzgeorge wrote:Hi all,
a question about older posts and forum etiquette if i may;

posts that were made earlier in time and have now become irrelelevant, or i no longer see potential for the ea that was being tested.
Do we go back to the post and remove the widget by searching our own posts? :?:
i find i am changing ea's on demo accounts i previously used for older ea's.
what is good policy for this please?
regards
cuzgeorge
I am not sure if I get your question, but if you update your signature with a new widget, all of your previous post's signature will be updated too. If you have added a widget in your old posts, and no longer use that particular ea, then you need to go back, edit your post to remove it (if you really want to do all that to remove it). Simply if you have already deleted the specific myfxbook system page, then the old widget will take to an invalid page .. so why the trouble!
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Hi Steve, Alpenkorps,
i noticed i was 'cleaning up' ea's i no longer wish to test , for whatever reason.

when i delete the old ea, i'm replacing it with a new one.

The new ea would reflect on the old link, but it now points to the same myfxbook page.

The widget does update to the new name also and i change the date from which the link must show result data for. So far, so good.

e.g , i've posted on say slopey slope's thread and no longer wish to test slopey, and changed the ea to xmeter. Now xmeter has a link on slopey slope's thread. see what i mean?

i often read threads from the beginning and wonder what someone would think of me if they did the same and found a link to xmeter on slopey's thread from me. i suppose its logical like Apelkorps says, a dead link would mean i've given up on the ea.

the reason why i want to keep the Empty4 terminal alive, is for the history off-course, but also all the links to the experts and indi folders are nicely named and easy for me to follow.

Steve, as the boss here, you have the right to kill something, like when you give up on an ea you have posted the last post where you say so. That ends everything there and then. Thats VERY helpfull to me when reading up on an ea, then i know clearly not to waste my time. As a humble servant, i dont have that luxury, so just looking for best practice ways to move on.

solution;
reading your replies and my own post says to me i should just delete the myfxbook account and create a new one for the new ea with a new demo account.
so...i'm going to start a new demo, and rename my folders. once i sign in with the new details, data history, indi's ea's etc should still be there, but my account history with all the closed winners or losers, will be brand new ready for the new ea.
i think thats smoother and much less complicated. 8-) , and bliksemming two birds with one stone.

thanks guys for the replies. it helps to have pro's around to guide us bozzo's who perceive matters as far more complicated than they really are.
regards and hope you enjoying the week-end.
cuzgeorge
10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=36&t=848
Alpenkorps
Trader

Post by Alpenkorps »

George, You are on the right way now, the best practice is to open a new system for a new ea, don't replace them.

About keeping up history, you can still keep the old page, people will understand at a glance that this system stopped working long ago! If you want to keep your myfxbook system list clean, just get a backup of the historical data, (there is option on myfxbook to backup on html or pdf), then delete it.

Cheers.
Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Will do, already setting up for tomorrow.
thank you again for your help.
cuzgeorge
10.X, BMac,Xmeter,Marylin,and CaptsNakedTrading thread coupled with Slowkeys Intraday setup for manual trades.
bernard
Trader

Post by bernard »

Just to add my experience for the attention of newbees:
When adding Empty4 account to your portfolio,
- for the question of "My Platform is:" choose Empty4 auto update
- If you do not know your Empty4 account number and the password, on Empty4 terminal go to Mailbox tab, double click the most recent Registration and you will find the credentials there.
- If you do not know your server name, File > Login , choose the Empty4 account number. The server name will be visible.
- After entering all the information, click "Create Account". If you get an error message that the credentials are wrong and you are sure that the credential are correct, Retry. In some cases I had to try upto 5 times to get through.

Hope this helps.
Bernard
1- Give me 10 pips a day and I build an Empire. 2- Have never seen any individual to get rich throu Forex. 3- Conclusion?
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Hi all,
here's a post to help get a load of all your systems in your signature.
Very simple.
set up your systems on a portfolio. like Diego is doing for BMac.
Then , go to the 'widget' tab section where you find the BB code for the deisred system. Well in the same place if you scroll a little further down , you'll find the 'systems' BB code like the pic below.

click on the section that will look like this;
systems link.PNG
then pick the BB code for your signature, or the HTML if you want to post a link, like the pic below;
systems BB code selection.PNG

Copy and paste the link that you choose, BB code for the signature and you can also add more than one link.

Keep in mind this pic below must link to your systems page, not member. Its circled in yellow. NB.
systems page or memebers page.PNG
Only thing i'm not sure about here is if you want to test say 20 demos on 3 different EA's, then i'm not sure if you can seperate the systems page for each EA, alternatively, one can create 3 different accounts at FXPage and then delete the account when the testing is over for EACH EA been tested.

Hope this helps to get some of the newer EA's tested completely. Thank you for testing like this guys. Its where it all began for me as i wasnt getting enough results in the forums. great to see everyone is starting to catch on like Diego and AGT, its really the best way to analyze an EA and find solutions collectively. No other way and impossible to do alone. Coders need this kind of info as they are the only one that really understands the code. trying to understand someones else's code is very, very difficult, but this way we can help the coder see what his EA will do in many scenarios, at the same time, tremendous help for coders as they cant do both and would take months to do alone , if not years.

Regards and take care guys,
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

Hi guys,

I haven't been able to use the Auto Update feature of Myfxbook in a while. I see only publisher link or EA link. Have they removed this feature?

J
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
cuzgeorge
Trader

Post by cuzgeorge »

Jemook wrote:Hi guys,

I haven't been able to use the Auto Update feature of Myfxbook in a while. I see only publisher link or EA link. Have they removed this feature?

J
Hi J,
it comes and go's :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will probably be put back up when we change all our terminals over to another method. Only auto update shows the comments as posted before and is less intensive on your internet connection.

I dont know what has caused this but looking at their forum, they seem to be blaming metaquotes and their new build 500.

http://www.myfxbook.com/community/gener ... e/556831,1

hope this helps.
i'm playing the patient guy becuase ive done this many times and means you have to re-load the terminal, wiping out the old on on the portfolio and anyone following, has to find the new terminal to re-follow, just a pain in the arse, really.
Pity when so much is going on with the EA's here.

regards
cuz
Mike
Trader

Post by Mike »

Finally I made it. Thanks your help is great.
But placing the settings at Myfxbook within the "brief description" of the account, they are no longer readable under "Info", "Statistics", "General", because the textbox goes beyond the borders. Is there a way to drag the floating box or any other way out? see attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Newbie Discussion”