Now Running a Tradable Demo Account

Buzzbee
Trader

Post by Buzzbee »

I wound up at SHF years ago, because I really, truly, deeply loathe the way Metacrap treated MTx and the entire trading community who codes for it. I've coded and used several Bob-Derivatives successfully. Right now, I'm test-driving Tradable as a possible MTx alternative.

I've just had success setting TR up on an AWS EC2 instance running Windows Server 2003. I set up TR on Server 2008 and 2012 first, but it wasn't stable with any of the configurations I tried over the course of four days on those platforms. I persevered and discovered that 2003 is compatible with the current TR release. There is very little documentation available for Tradable. But it's quite intuitive once you get it running, so that's not a deal-breaker.

I was able to build a functional dashboard for Yen pairs over morning coffee. If you don't close your dashboard and reopen it when finished, you'll lose your configuration when your server restarts for maintenance or backup. There's no other "save" option. It's all very smart-phonishly drag-and-drop, with default settings that went profitable on the demo while I was goofing around studying how it all works. It's been trading profitably on demo for the last two days straight using an autotrading robot called "Channeler" on default settings.

I checked with my Broker and TR is available as an option (I'm in the US), but I'd have to fill out forms and switch accounts from Empty4 - it's an either/or choice. To use my own code, I'd have to do the Developer thing Ian was talking about. I see it's got an "approvals" process - so probably not a good option if you like making your own EA's. From TR in 2014: "It will be possible to develop stand-alone server apps in the future but at this time I cannot offer an ETA for that, not even with approximation."

Funny thing is, my blood pressure is already going down working with Tradable. And it's making real (fake) money. Surely it can't be that simple, eh? Has to be a catch, right? I want to believe - but I don't. Not yet. Rode in too many rodeos to be a lovestruck sucker for anything.

Stay tuned... more to come: http://tradable.com/
In 4(x) & Etc... always assume Japan will do exactly what it says- or die trying...
Buzzbee
Trader

Post by Buzzbee »

Found a free module for coders:
https://usappstore.tradable.com/app/100 ... ed-trading
but it's in Java and Groovy. Not groovy, man. In groovy. I kid you not.

There's an extensive indicators package included:
https://usappstore.tradable.com/app/110 ... rs-trading

The vanilla demo setup doesn't have any magic juju - it's now making losses, leaving me with a net gain of ~$100 after two days. Why do I have this nagging feeling even that too will eventually evaporate?
:!!: :uff:
In 4(x) & Etc... always assume Japan will do exactly what it says- or die trying...
Buzzbee
Trader

Post by Buzzbee »

And so... back to Empty4 we go. Was going to try a demo of Ninjatrader too, but it "warned" me that my VPS's IE version was "too old" to download stuff. So guess what? I walked away! Amazing the crap big companies dish out to us all, isn't it? Here, turn around and let me upgrade you. The good news? I migrated MT to an AWS instance - and won't have to pay for hosting for a year. End of experiment. :arrrg:

Return to “Tradable”