Protrader V3

Zealot
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Zealot »

Hey there traders!

I have some good news for those of you who like Protrader but couldn't find suitable broker who would offer it. We have launched 'Protrader multi-connect' project and soon we will connect first broker to it - it will be a world known international broker. Then we plan to connect few more (as for second phase). You may find all info here: http://comparic.com/ptmc-professional-t ... l-traders/

And official PTMC website here: http://ptmc.protrader.org/

Happy to hear your opinions on that!

Best Regards! :xm:
Martin Nowogórski
Jemook
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Jemook »

Zealot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:58 am wrote:Hey there traders!

I have some good news for those of you who like Protrader but couldn't find suitable broker who would offer it. We have launched 'Protrader multi-connect' project and soon we will connect first broker to it - it will be a world known international broker. Then we plan to connect few more (as for second phase). You may find all info here: http://comparic.com/ptmc-professional-t ... l-traders/

Martin Nowogórski
I tried getting in touch with you guys to see if Global Prime was interested in offering this to our clients. As you know a lot of them are members of this forum. Unfortunately no one at your company has gotten back to me. If you'd like to discuss please email me at [email protected]

Regards
Jeremy
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com
Zealot
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Zealot »

Thanks Jemook!
Sorry for your inconvenience.
We will contact you soon.

Kind Regards
Martin
mikejagg
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by mikejagg »

Jemook » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:28 am wrote:
Zealot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:58 am wrote:Hey there traders!

Martin Nowogórski
I tried getting in touch with you guys to see if Global Prime was interested in offering this to our clients. As you know a lot of them are members of this forum. Unfortunately no one at your company has gotten back to me. If you'd like to discuss please email me at [email protected]

Regards
Jeremy
+1
this will be a truly unique offer by an Australian broker.
mikejagg
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by mikejagg »

Looks like protrader doesnt work well on newer systems with higher resolutions.
Everything is too small and all icons are over lapping each other.
(ctrader works perfectly, Empty4 works but not all on chart objects scale well)
mZbQ8NZ.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zealot
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Zealot »

mikejagg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:53 am wrote:Looks like protrader doesnt work well on newer systems with higher resolutions.
Everything is too small and all icons are over lapping each other.
(ctrader works perfectly, Empty4 works but not all on chart objects scale well)
Thanks for info Mikejagg!

Could you please tell us more about your display configuration? What resolution is this? What kind of display? You've mentioned the "newer system" - what is it? Windows 10?

Thank you in advance.
Martin
mikejagg
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by mikejagg »

Hi Zealot,

Display res is 3200 x 1800. Text scaling is 200%. Operating system is Win 10.
System is Dell XPS 13. But all newer systems for example Microsoft Surface, Asus Zenbook, Samsung ATIV,
Lenovo Yoga will have the same issue.

As a comparison, this is ctrader on the same system:
ctrader.png
This is Empty4:
Empty4.PNG
and unfortunately, this is protrader.
pro.PNG
If you open all the pics, you can will notice the difference right away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zealot
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Zealot »

Thank you! We have some clue about source of this issue. We will work on it. I've seen that you posted about that also on PTMC forum. Someone from our support team will reply there.

Best regards
Martin
zacorbul
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by zacorbul »

I gave it a whiz as well and liked it until I discovered that trend lines have same defect/bug as other platform. A TL on daily will not be displayed correctly on M1 (why is that so hard to do ?! :arrrg: ).
Also on M1 only displays 20 days, on range bars only 10 days (!)... This is bad IMO. To be fair I do wish my broker would stay with "other" until this is fixed/implemented.
There should be a way to load more history on chart. I understand that it would touch the performance, but the option should be there. SR, TL all are based on past data. The platform should be able to offer as much past data/candles as possible.
Other than these two deal-breakers, I quite like it :good:
Zealot
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by Zealot »

Hi Zacorbul,

Thank you for your feedback. We are analysing it and checking how it may help to improve Protrader.
A TL on daily will not be displayed correctly on M1 (why is that so hard to do ?!
Please let me explain. In general when you draw a trend line you input four basic parameters for two anchoring points and those are price and time. Doing so on a daily chart you pick values manually from a daily chart scale and that's especially important in terms of time.

Going to lower time frame, these anchoring points most probably won't be accurate as minimum or maximum (usually these are TL's anchoring spots) are rarely placed exactly in the middle of the day (especially on Forex).

Situation should look better when drawing on a lower TF (such as H1 or M1) and then checking on a higher time frame (e.g. Daily). But here also will be slight shift in Protrader and that's because our timescale is not connected with daily candles but with exact points in time. In other words Protrader's daily chart still recognizes hours and minutes inside the day. That's why when you mark parameters for TL on a low TF, they will be still accurate on a daily TF regardless of candle which has wick always in the middle and that's not when the real minimum/maximum of the day happened to be.

Since our charts contain drawings copy function, we are not able to program our charts to draw the same line differently regarding TF. In the end it's the flaw of a candle chart which is not accurate enough when comes to exact price/time display. Hope that explains, why it's so hard to do.
Also on M1 only displays 20 days, on range bars only 10 days (!)... This is bad IMO. To be fair I do wish my broker would stay with "other" until this is fixed/implemented.
Thanks for mentioning that. We are considering to change it.
Other than these two deal-breakers, I quite like it

Best Regards
Marcin

Return to “Protrader”